Alpine 3.11.0 Linux Version Released Today: Alpine Linux is also one of the best Linux Distro. Alpine 3.11.0 Linux is an open-sourced Linux based operating system mainly focuded to provide the secured server based secure computing environment.
What’s New in Alpine Linux 3.11.0:
- Comes with Linux 5.4 kernel (Linux-LTS) support
- Initial GNOME and KDE support added
- MinGW-w64 and DXVK support added
- Added support for Raspberry Pi 4 (aarch64 and armv7)
- Added support for Vulkan
- Rust is available on all architectures
- No rust support for s390x architectures
These are the key new features comes with Alpine Linux 3.11.0
Essential and Significant Updates in Alpine Linux 3.11.0:
- Added Linux 5.4.5 support
- Added GCC 9.2.0 support
- Added Busybox 1.31.1 support
- Added musl libc 1.1.24 support
- Added LLVM 9.0.0 support
- Added Go 1.13.4 support
- Added Python 3.8.0 support
- Added Perl 5.30.1 support
- Added Postgresql 12.1 support
- Added Rust 1.39.0 support
- Added Crystal 0.31.1 support
- Added Erlang 22.1 support
- Added Zabbix 4.4.3 support
- Added Nextcloud 17.0.2 support
- Added Git 2.24.1 support
- Added Xen 4.13.0 support
- Added Qemu 4.2.0 support
These are the key features that come with the Alpine Linux 3.11.0 version.
Removed Features in Alpine Linux 3.11:
- Python 2 is deprecated
- Linux-vanilla has been removed
- ClamAV-libunrar needs to be manually removed
News Source: Alpine Linux Official Website
Find the full changes that come with the new Alpine Linux on the Git log.
Download New Alpine Linux 3.11.0 version:
You can download the new Alpine Version from the official Softpedia website.
If you have any queries related to the topic and then feel free to comment us below.