Blender Ubuntu: It is nothing but a CG Software toolset(3D Creation Suite) which is mainly an Open Source. It was founded almost 2 decades before by Blender Foundation. Basically, Blender is three dimensional CG application toolset that allows users to create 3D printed models, Animated Movies, Visual Effects and even for Video games. The most important advantage of this application is that it is a Cross-Platform application and hence it is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and more. In this article, we will see How to Install Blender on Ubuntu 19.04, Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and more using different methods.
- Install Blender on Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Get Blender on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software– GUI Method
- Install this app from Official Blender
- How to Remove Blender from Ubuntu
- Features of Blender Suite for Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Blender on Ubuntu 19.04 & Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS using Terminal:
The steps are really simple. We will use the Snap Package manager to install Blender on Ubuntu. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Open the Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Use the following command to install Blender application on Ubuntu.
- Kindly enter the Password to authenticate the process. The above command will install Blender on your Ubuntu. Kindly wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once installed, then it can be launched from All Applications.
How to Install Blender on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software- GUI Method:
- Go to All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Blender. Once you find the Official Blender, Click on that.
- Choose to Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Blender Application.
Install this Application from Official Blender:
You can also download the tar file from the official Blender Organisation. You have to uncompress the file and then has to install it on your Ubuntu.
- Download Blender for Ubuntu– Official
Remove Blender 3D Application Suite from Ubuntu:
- If you had installed this application using snap through the terminal, then the following command will help you uninstall Blender from Ubuntu.
- If you had installed Blender application through Ubuntu Software, then you can simply Remove it from the Ubuntu Software itself.
Key Features of Blender 3D Application Suit on Ubuntu:
- The foremost advantage of the application is that it is an Open Source and it is Free.
- It is a Cross-platform application and hence the Blender project files can be processed through various Operating systems easily.
- Raster Graphic Editing, 3D Modeling, Texturing, Rendering, Motion Graphics and a lot more is possible with Blender on Ubuntu.
- Python Scripting is available for Task Automation, Tool Creation, Game Logic and more
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on How to Install Blender on Ubuntu 19.04 and Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and other Ubuntu-based Distros using the above methods. Blender on Ubuntu is a wonderful application used to created 3D computer graphics which has a lot of applications in various fields. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more info, Kindly visit