CCleaner is one of the best System Cleaner for the Desktop and Laptops. Luckily this ccleaner app is available for Windows and Mac but not for Linux. In this article, We provided the latest and best alternatives of CCleaner for Linux. Here we listed the 4+ CCleaner alternatives that we already tested in our systems and working great. Let’s get into the article.
Ubuntu Cleaner is one of the best alternatives for CCleaner in Ubuntu Linux. This Ubuntu Cleaner package is available in the APT repo. You can use the installation command to install the Ubuntu Cleaner using the APT Repository.
Features of Ubuntu Cleaner:
- Clear browser cache
- Clear APT cache
- Clear thumbnail cache
- Remove unneeded packages
- Remove old kernels
- Remove old installers
Ubuntu Cleaner Installation Commands:
You can use the following command to install the Ubuntu Cleaner in your Linux PC.
The above command will install the Ubuntu Cleaner software properties in your Ubuntu PC.
The above command will add the PPA repository in your Ubuntu PC.
The above command will update your system to the latest package.
The above command will install the Ubuntu Cleaner in your Ubuntu Linux PC. You can find more information about Ubuntu Cleaner Here.
Bleachbit is one of the second alternatives of CCleaner for Ubuntu Linux. Bleachbit is available as the APT package for Ubuntu PC. You can install this Bleachbit application using the installation command that we mentioned below.
- Open the Terminal using the CTRL+ALT+T
- Copy the below command & paste in the Terminal
You can find more information about Bleachbit Application in Ubuntu Linux:
- It is mainly used to free disk space, reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files.
- Maintain privacy, Improve system performance, prepare whole disk images for compression by wiping free disk space.
- Deletes your private files.
- Works on multiple platforms.
- Open Source.
- No Value-added software.
- No malware, spyware, and adware.
- Contains 64 languages.
- Prevents data recovery.
- Cleans everything in your PC.
- Portable application.
- Command Line Interface.
- Frequent updates.
Sweeper Linux is the 3rd best alternatives of CCleaner. Sweeper helps you clean the unwanted traces left by the user in your system. The sweeper will remove browser caches, Application caches & browser cookies.
Sweeper Linux Installation Method:
You can install the Sweeper Cleaner utility from the APT repository. Use the following command to install the Sweeper Cleaner application on your Ubuntu PC.
- Open the Terminal
- Copy the below command & paste the command in Terminal
- Execute the command and complete the installation process.
You can find more information about Sweeper Linux:
Sweeper Linux Features:
This sweeper cleaner has many special features in it and they are:
- Cookies– Will clear all cookies set and stored by websites
- Favicons– Clears all the Favicon which you visited recently
- History– Clears Web History
- Cache– Clears Web Caches
- Forms– Clears Autofill forms
- Thumbnail Cache– Clears all thumbnail caches
- And many more.
FSlint Ubuntu Cleaner:
FSlint is also the best CCleaner alternatives. FSlint is a free and open-source application. This cleaner works only in GUI version only. For Ubuntu, there is no official version of CC Cleaner. But, luckily there are many good alternative cleaners available for Ubuntu & FSlint is one of them. You can install the FSlint Cleaner using the following instructions.
FSlint Ubuntu Cleaner Installation Method:
- Open the Terminal
- Copy the below command and paste the copied command in the Terminal
- Execute the installation command and complete the installation process.
You can find more information about installing the Ubuntu Cleaner:
FSlint Ubuntu Cleaner Features:
- Removes duplicates files
- Removes unused installed packages
- Removes bad names files
- Removes name clashes
- Removes Temp files
- Removes bad files
- Removes bad symlinks
- Removes empty directories
- Removes redundant directories
- Removes non-stripped directories
Stacer Linux Cleaner:
Last but not least. Stacer is one of the best CCleaner Alternatives. Stacer, a free and open-source application mainly designed to monitor the system in details. Stacer is best in everything as it was designed for! Very interesting GUI provides you the more details about your PC. By Default, Stacer is in Dark mode with contrast colors. You can change the interface if you wish. Once you install the Stacer application, The Stacer will run in the background and monitor all the process that happens in your system which includes Caches, CPU usage, RAM, HDD usages, Network Management & many more. Follow the instruction below to install the Stacer Cleaner on your Ubuntu PC.
- Open the Terminal using Ctrl + Alt + T
You need to copy the below command and paste the command in the terminal and execute the command.
- Now you need to add the repository in your Ubuntu system, use the below command to do
- Now you need to update your repositories, use the below command
- Everything set to go, Now you need to install the Stacer Application, Use the below command:
Stacer Cleaner Linux Features:
- Dashboard– You can monitor essential statistics of your pc in the Dashboard.
- Startup Apps– You can manage the Startup apps in this tab.
- System Cleaner– Helps you remove unwanted cache files, unused files & application logs from your pc.
- Search– You can use this option to search any file in your pc.
- Services– Helps you manage the currently running services in your pc.
- Process– List of the process currently running in your pc.
- Uninstaller– An option helps you uninstall any application from your pc.
- Resources– Graph which shows the HDD consumption and free space.
- Helpers– Currently enabled host in your pc.
- APT Repo Manager– You can manage APT repo using this option.
- GNome Settings– Helps you manage basic system settings
That’s it. In this article, we provided the best list of CCleaner Alternatives for Ubuntu Linux. You can follow the instruction that we mentioned above and use the installation command to install the applications in your Ubuntu PC.
For more articles, Kindly visit our HomePage