Control Android Phone from Ubuntu System: Ever wondered it is possible to control an Android Device from your Ubuntu Desktop? The answer is Yes and not only you can control, but also you can mirror your Android Smartphone on your Ubuntu PC or laptop. We are going to do that with the help of scrcpy application which is available for Ubuntu. In this article, we will see how to control your Android Smartphone from Ubuntu PC or Laptop.
- What is scrcypy app?
- Features of scrcpy app
- Install scrcpy on Ubuntu
- Establish Screen Mirroring of Android on Ubuntu
- Control your Android from Ubuntu using Scrcpy
- Get in Touch with Us
What is Scrcpy app and why do we need it?
Scrcpy is an Opensource cross-platform application that can be used to control Android devices from different Platforms. As it is a Cross-Platform application, this app is available not only for Linux but also available for Windows and macOS. This app is also available for Fedora and as well as Arch and can be installed using Snappy Package Manager.
We are going to use this Scrcpy app to Control Android phone from Ubuntu.
Features of Scrcpy Application:
- Scrcpy uses adb(android debug bridge) over TCP/IP to establish communication.
- You can Record the screen during mirroring.
- You can able to install android app on the phone from the Ubuntu Desktop itself.
- There are a number of shortcuts available to handle your phone from ubuntu effectively and easily.
- The Screen size can be reduced with the help of Scrcpy on Ubuntu.
- The bit rate can be changed manually.
How to Install Scrcpy App on Linux Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
- Open Terminal using CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following command to install Scrcpy app on Linux Ubuntu.
The above command will install Scrcpy Application on your Ubuntu System. Kindly Enter your Password to authenticate the installation process.
Establish Mirroring of Android on Ubuntu using Scrcpy App:
Now that we have installed the Scrcpy app on Ubuntu, next is to set up our Android phone.
- Connect your Android Smartphone to the Ubuntu system via USB Cable.
- Make sure your phone and Ubuntu system are connected to the same WiFi Network.
- Go to Settings on your Android Phone and Turn on Developer Mode.
- Now, go to Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Allow USB Debugging Info message will pop-up. Tap OK.
- As you are connected to the Ubuntu system, you need to confirm your System’s RSA fingerprint. Also, select “Always allow from this computer“. Finally, Tap on OK.
- Now that we have configured our Android Phone, Open Terminal and execute the following command.
- You will now get the Push Info along with the rendered resolution and then you can see your Android Phone mirrored on the Ubuntu system.
- You can find the emulator opened by now and rendering your Android Phone on your Ubuntu System.
- That is it. Now we have established the communication between Ubuntu and Android Phone and established the Mirroring of Android device on Ubuntu.
How to Control your Android Device from Ubuntu using Scrcpy App:
In this section, we will see how to control the Android device that is connected to the Ubuntu system through the scrcpy app.
To Render Full Screen of the Android Device:
To show Physical touches made on the Phone:
To Turn Off your Android Screen from Ubuntu:
To Record Your Android Screen from Ubuntu:
To Disable Mirroring while Recording the Android Screen:
This is different from the above option. If you simply use the recording option, Mirroring will also happen and hence it may result in some quality loss. To overcome that, you can turn off mirroring while recording. The following is the command to disable mirroring while recording the screen.
To get Help menu from Scrcpy:
Other Shortcuts related to Controlling Android Device from Ubuntu:
|CTRL + f||Enable Full-Screen Mode|
|CTRL + n||Expand Notification Panel|
|CTRL + SHIFT + n||Collapse Notification Panel|
|CTRL + o||Turn off Device Screen but Continue Mirroring on PC|
Other than the above shortcuts, there are a number of shortcuts available which can be listed using the command scrcpy –help
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on Scrcpy App on Linux ubuntu and how to Mirror and Control Android Phone(Device) from Linux Ubuntu 19.04 and other Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP. For Instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit Tec Robust