Sound Converter Ubuntu: Sound Converter is an excellent applicaion to convert the format of the audio files. You can simply use this application to convert your Mp3 audio files to Wav audio formats. This application supports major audio formats such as Mp3, Wav, Ogg & Flac. In this article, we provide the installation commands and methods, working of Sound Converter Software and Essential features.
- Install Sound Converter Application on Ubuntu
- How to Use Sound Converter Application
- Essential Features
- Remove Sound Converter
Install Sound Converter Application on Ubuntu:
You can install the Sound Converter application on Ubuntu from Ubuntu Store otherwise, you can install this application using the command line terminal. Here we added both the methods, you can choose yourself the installation method.
- Open the terminal and copy the above command
- Paste the command and execute it
- Enter the password and proceed the installation process
Direct Installation of Sound Converter App from Ubuntu Store:
- A popup will appear on the screen and click the “Open xdg-open” option as shown in the below image.
- Now the installation wizard will appear on your screen and then click the Install option.
- Click the install and proceed with the installation process.
- The installation process will complete in a few seconds
That’s it. This is also the way to install the Sound Converter app without using any commands in the terminal.
How to Use Sound Converter Application:
- You can find the Sound Converter Application in the “All Apps Menu” or enter the phrase “soundconverter” in the terminal to launch the application.
- Click the “Add File” button to add the audio file that you want to convert into another format
- Add the audio file that you want to convert
- From the above image, you can find the audio file is in the “Mp3” format. Now we are going to convert the audio file to the “Wav” format using the Sound Converter application.
- Go to the option “Preferences”
- Now select the format as “Wav“, resample to 128 kbps & sample width to 32 bits
- Now click the Close button
- Once you ready, click the Convert button.
- Once you click the convert button, the process will take a few seconds to convert the audio file. You can find the progress in the process bar located at the left bottom of the app.
- You can find the converted audio file which is located in the same location of the original audio file.
From the above image, you can see the Sound Converter app converts the Mp3 audio file into Wav audio file. You can find more details about the converted audio file in its properties.
In the same way, you can convert the audio file to other audio formats such as “Mp3, Ogg, Wav & Flac”.
The main and essential features about Sound Converter Application is:
- Convert one audio file format to another audio file format
- Bulk conversion is possible
- Allows you to delete the original file after conversion
- Allows you to adjust the sample width of the audio files
- Allows you to adjust the audio bitrates
- Allows you to change the output file location
- Conversion is done in a fraction of seconds
- Easy to use
- Handles major audio file formats such as “Mp3, Wav, Ogg, and Flac”
- Application size is less than 10Mb
- Many more!…
Remove Sound Converter:
You can easily remove the Sound Converter application using the following command:
Open the terminal, paste the command and execute it. The uninstallation process will be completed in a few seconds.
That’s it. This is the simplest method to install and use the Sound Converter application to convert audio files into Mp3, Wav, Ogg and Flac Formats on Ubuntu 18.04 & 19.10. If you have any queries related to this topic and then comment us below.
For more articles, kindly visit our Homepage