Deja-dup: is a simple yet powerful backup tool included with Ubuntu. It offers the power of resync with incremental backups, encryption, scheduling, and support for remote services. With Deja-dup, you can quickly revert files to previous versions or restore missing files from a file manager window. Deja-dup is really just a clever graphical wrapper around the command line backup tool. In this article, we will see How to Install Deja-dup on Linux Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo, Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and other Ubuntu based Distros.
- Install Deja-dup Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Deja-dup – Using GUI
- Launch Deja-dup on Ubuntu
- Remove Deja-dup from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Deja-dup
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Deja-dup for Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Deja-dup Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Deja-dup Ubuntu.
Install Deja-dup Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Deja-dup. Once you find the app, Click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Deja-dup Ubuntu Application.
Launching Deja-dup Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Deja-dup Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Deja-dup Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “deja” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Deja-dup icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Remove Deja-dup Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Deja-dup Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove Deja-dup using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Deja-dup in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Deja-dup Ubuntu using GUI.
Features of Deja-dup:
- Deja-dup supports for local, remote, or cloud backup locations like Google Drive.
- Securely encrypts and compresses your data.
- Incrementally backs up, letting you restore from any particular backup.
- Schedules regular backups.
- Integrates well into your GNOME desktop.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||137.4 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Deja-dup Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more articles, Kindly visit Tec Robust