Dark mode on Fedora 31: Hello everyone. Is it possible to enable dark mode on Fedora 31 systems? The answer is Yes. By default there is no option available to opt-in the Dark Theme on Fedora but you can enable the dark mode using Fedora Gnome Tweaks application. In this article, we described the quick tutorial about enabling the Dark Mode on Fedora 31 using Gnome Tweaks application.
- Install Gnome Tweaks Application
- Launch Gnome tweaks Application
- Enable Dark Mode on Fedora 31 System
- Remove Gnome Tweaks Application
Install Gnome Tweaks Application:
Gnome Tweaks is one of the most famous applications widely used by Debian users all around the world. Team Gnome developed this Gnome Tweaks application. You can install the Gnome Tweaks for Fedora using the below command,
- Now you need to enter your system password and execute the installation process
- You will be prompted to continue the installation process
- Type “Yes or y” & execute the installation process
- Wait for a few seconds and the installation of Fedora Gnome Tweaks will be completed.
This is how you can install the Fedora Gnome Tweaks application on your Fedora 31 system.
Launch Gnome tweaks Application:
You can launch the Gnome Tweaks application on two working methods:
- Through All Apps Menu
- Through Command Terminal
Launch Through All Apps Menu:
- Go to the All Apps Menu
- In the Search bar, Enter the following term “Tweaks”
- The tweaks application will appear on your screen
- Tap the icon to launch the Gnome Tweaks application.
You can simply launch the application from the Command Terminal.
- Open the terminal
- Copy the launch command gnome-tweaks
- Paste the command and execute it to launch the Gnome Application.
Now follow the below steps to enable the Dark Theme on your Fedora 31 system.
Enable Dark Mode on Fedora 31 System:
Let us see how the Fedora 31 appears before implementing Dark mode!
Let us see how the Fedora 31 appears after implementing Dark mode!
How to Enable Dark Theme (Step by Step Procedure):
- Open Gnome Tweaks Application
- Then navigate to the “Appearance” tab
- Under Themes by default, the Adwaita Default is enabled for the applications
- You need to change the option from “Adwaita Default” to “Adwaita-Dark” to enable the Dark theme on your Fedora System.
That’s it. This is the most efficient and simplest way to enable the Dark Mode on your Fedora 31 system.
Remove Fedora Gnome Tweaks:
The following command will help you uninstall or remove the Fedora Gnome Tweaks application from your system.
- Copy the above command, paste it on the terminal and execute it
- You will be asked to enter the password, enter your password & execute the removal process
- Now you will be asked to confirm the removal process! Type “yes or y” and execute the command
- In a few seconds, the app will be removed from your system.
That’s it. This is the simplest method to remove the Gnome Tweaks application from your Fedora system.
Hello, Thanks for visiting us. This is the wrap section of this tutorial. As we said, the Dark Theme is not available by default on Fedora 31 but with the help of Fedora Gnome Tweaks Application, you can enable the Dark Mode easily. If you have any queries related to this tutorial and then kindly comment us below.