Fix dpkg Frontend Lock error: You will face this error on Ubuntu, and Ubuntu-based Distros while trying to install or uninstall(remove) an application from your system. Actually, the fix for this problem is really simple and if you closely look at what you are trying to do with your system then you can easily figure out why the error could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend or simply dpkg frontend lock error happens on your ubuntu. Let us get into the article to get to know why this error happens on Linux Ubuntu and how to fix could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.10(Eoan Ermine), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), and other Ubuntu-based distros.
- Why dpkg frontend lock error happens?
- Fix dpkg frontend lock error on Linux Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with us
Why “could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend error happens”?
Let us have a small understanding about this error. The following are the instances where you can find this error on Terminal and as well as Ubuntu Software(Ubuntu Store).
- When you try to install multiple applications simultaneouly on terminal(via multi tab option) and Ubuntu Software.
- When you try to remove or uninstall multiple applications via terminal and Ubuntu Software.
- Finally, When you try to install one application and remove another application simultaneously and vice versa.
The above are the most common occurances of this error “could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend”.
How to fix “could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10”?- Understanding the problem:
- Unlike other errors that happens on Linux Ubuntu, the solution for this error is really simple. If you check out the above common occurances for this error, we can come to a conclusion that multiple installations or uninstallations simultaneously will make the system throw this error.
- This procedure is also followed on other operating systems like Windows where you cannot uninstall multiple applications at a time.
- Hence the simple fix is that whether you are installing or uninstalling applications or games from Ubuntu, do it one by one. By doing so, you can easily get rid of the error “could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend” from Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10, and more.
Get in Touch with us:
The above article provides the best solution to get rid of the error Fix- could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend or simple dpkg frontend lock error from your Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.10, Ubuntu 19.04, and other Ubuntu-based Distros. If you have any query with the above article, kindly write to us via comment section and and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP. For instant solutions, visit our Forum!!
For more interesting article, Kindly visit our Homepage