Fkill Snap Application: Fkill is one the best method to kill a process in Linux. Fkill Snap applicaiton provides the command line interfaces to kill a process or application in Linux. You can use fkill snap application to terminate the frozen apps or the app not completely responding. In this article, we added the multiple ways to install fkill application on your Ubuntu 18.04 & 19.04 PC.
- Install Fkill via Command Terminal
- Install Fkill Via Ubuntu Store
- How To Use Fkill
- Remove Fkill App
Install Fkill via Command Terminal:
You can install the Fkill application via command terminal but before that, you need to install the snap package installer in your Ubuntu PC. The snap package comes default in Ubuntu 18.04 & 19.04 later versions if your Ubuntu version doesn’t contain snap and then use the below command to install the snap package installer on your Ubuntu PC.
After installing the snap package installer, now follow the instruction to install fkill application through the command terminal.
- Open command terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T
- Now copy the below command to install fkill application
- Enter password if it asks.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Once it got completed, You can launch the application by entering the following phrase “fkill“.
Install Fkill Via Ubuntu Store:
You can install fkill application from the Ubuntu store. Follow the below instructions:
- You need to open the Ubuntu Store and search for fkill app or click the below button to open fkill app in the Ubuntu Store.
- Once the Ubuntu store has launched, you need to click the “Install” button to install the fkill application.
- Provide the password if it asks.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Click the launch button to start this fkill application.
How to use Fkill:
You can use the fkill application to kill the process. Follow the below instructions:
- Open the Terminal
- Launch the Fkill app by entering the phrase “fkill” in Terminal
- It will show you the list of the process with its process ID.
- You need to select the “Process” that you want to kill
- Hit the “Enter” button to kill the process or complete application.
From the above image, fkill app shows the current working process in Ubuntu PC. In that, I choose the Lightshot.exe application. By hitting the Enter button, The Fkill application will terminate the Lightshot.exe process. You can use fkill to close or terminate the frozen process or application. This is how it works!. If you don’t want to use this application, you can learn the command line method to kill a process in Linux.
Remove Fkill App:
You can remove this application simply entering the below command in Linux Terminal.
The above command will remove the application from your Ubuntu PC.
That’s it. I almost tried to cover the installation ways of this fkill app. Usage of this app is a very easy one. If you have any queries related to this topic and then feel free to comment us below.
For more articles, Kindly visit our HomePage