Flock: Flock is a communication app for teams and it is packed with many productivity features. Flock has a powerful user interface and it drives efficiency and boosts the speed of execution so it lets you connect with your team, get on video calls, manage projects with to-dos, polls, and reminders and integrate your most favorite apps. Flock app is available on Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Web. Flock allows users to configure external apps and integrations from the Flock App Store, and receive notifications and updates directly in Flock. The flock was founded by tech entrepreneur Bhavin Turakhia.
- Install Flock on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Flock on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Flock on Ubuntu
- Remove Flock from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Flock
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Flock on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Flock via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Flock.
Install Flock on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Flock. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Flock Ubuntu Application.
Launching Flock on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Flock Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Flock Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Flock” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Flock icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for Flock:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Flock by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Flock:
- Use your camera.
- Access files in your home folder.
- Play and record sound.
Remove Flock from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Flock via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Flock.
Remove Flock using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Flock in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Flock GUI.
Features of Flock:
- Direct or Group chat feature.
- Jump to video calls easily.
- Share files and image with ease.
- Advanced Search feature.
- Access the entire company directory.
- Manage mailing list in a smart way.
- Bookmark important messages.
- Collaborate and organize team efficiently.
- Call to mobile via instant audio conferencing option.
- Stream and integrate workflows.
- Build custom apps and integrations in Flock.
- More Secure and safe.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||122.5 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Flock from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more articles, Kindly Visit our Homepage