Fwupd 1.3.1 Released: Rechard, the maintainer of Gnome software announced today morning about FWUPD version 1.3.1 launched with Gnome 1.3.1. On September 13th FWUPD, 1.3.1 version has launched. The newer version of fwupd contains a lot of updates and imporvements.
The important list of features of fwupd 1.3.1 version is:
- Add support for the Minnowboard Turbot
- Add support for the SoloKey Secure
- Add support for thunderbolt kernel safety checks
- Add support to integrate into the motd
- Allow filtering devices when using the command line tools
- Allow setting custom flags when using fwupdate
- Many more.
This version fixes bugs such as:
- Add aliases for get-upgrades and upgrade
- Allow disabling SSL strict mode for broken corporate proxies
- Be more accepting when trying to recover a failed database migration
- Do not segfault when trying to quit the downgrade selection
- Fix a possible crash when stopping the fwupd service
- Fix incomplete hex file parsing in the unifying plugin
- Fix thunderbolt logic to work properly with ICL thunderbolt controller
- Never show AppStream markup on the console
- Many More.
You can find more information about fwupd 1.3.1 feature and bug fixes details on:
Gnome Firmware is mainly designed to be a not-installed-by-default power-user tool to investigate, upgrade, downgrade and reinstall the firmware. GNOME Software will continue to be used for updates as before.
Image Source: https://blogs.gnome.org/
You can find more information about this release on the official Gnome Firmware release Website:
If you want to try the new version and then you can download the file from the below link:
He says that it will take 10 seconds to install the new update. If you have any queries and then feel free to comment on us.
For more articles, kindly visit our HomePage