GNU PG 2.2.20 Released: GNU PG (Privacy Guard) is a free and open-source application developed to implement the Standard OpenPGP. GNU PG is an encrypted software program and it uses symmetric-key cryptography for speed, and public-key cryptography for ease of secure key exchange. It is developed by the team GNU Project and it is authored by Werner Koch.
Werner Koch announced that the latest version of GNU PG has been released. The exact words are,
We are pleased to announce the availability of a new GnuPG release:
version 2.2.20. This is maintenace release fixing a minor security
problem and adding a new OpenPGP feature.
Gnu PG allows you to encrypt, sign data, communication and features versatile key management for the public access directories. Gnu PG is free and open-source software that can be used freely and encrypt your files with proper key encryption.
Essential Changes in GNU PG 2.2.20:
- Always returns –verify-files error has been fixed
- Key listing –with-secret error has been fixed
- Detection of certain keys error has been fixed
- default-key selection error has been fixed
- Key expiry error has been fixed
- The key usage for keys created with a creation date of zero error has been fixed
- if a KDF DO is used and then the pinpad will disable
- And many more.
Find more information about the fixes and changes on GNU PG on their official website.
That’s it. If you have any queries related to the above news and then kindly comment us below. Thanks for visiting our website Tec Robust.