Audacious: Audacious is a free audio player that lets you to enjoy high audio quality in diverse audio formats. This open-source application plays your preferred music how you want it with a focus on low resource use. Search for albums and artists in your music library and create individual song files. You can create and edit your own song playlists and enjoy the interface. Make use of plugins included with Audacious in order to fetch lyrics for your music. In this article, we will help you to install the Audacious application for Linux Ubuntu in simple steps.
- Install Audacious App using Ubuntu Terminal
- Audacious Installation from Official Site
- Launch Audacious & Play High-quality Audio
- Remove/Uninstall Audacious App
Guidelines to Install Audacious App on Linux Ubuntu:
1) Install Audacious App using Ubuntu Terminal:
- Using a simple shortcut CTRL+ALT+T, you can open the Terminal on Linux Ubuntu.
- You just need to run the below command on the Ubuntu Terminal to install Audacious App.
- You will be asked to enter your system password to verify the installation process.
- Press ‘y’ to continue and the installation process will be done in a few minutes.
2) Audacious Installation from Official Site:
In another way, you can install this audio player application from the official website.
- Visit the Audacious official download page.
- You can find the source of Audacious is split into two .tar packages.
- Click the .tar packages and download it in your system.
- First, you have to install the ‘audacious’ package and then ‘audacious-plugins’.
- There is a file named ‘INSTALL’ in each package. Click on the file to view the instructions that will be helpful for compiling and installing the package.
Launch Audacious & Play High-quality Audio:
Way 1: Audacious App Launch – Using Terminal
On the Ubuntu Terminal, you have to type audacious and click Enter to launch the application.
Way 2: Using Show Applications
- In your system, you have to click on Show Applications.
- Then, type audacious in the search option.
- Click on the App to launch it.
Way 3: Ubuntu Software
- Click on Ubuntu Software.
- Then, type audacious in the search box and click Enter.
- Now, you have to click on the launch button.
Remove/Uninstall Audacious App:
- Copy and paste the below command on the Ubuntu Terminal.
- Type your system password and click Enter.
- You have to press ‘y’ in order to progress the removal process.
We hope that this article regarding the Audacious installation for Linux Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine/ 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver will be practical and helpful. Also, we guided you with some simple ways of launch and remove/uninstall this application. Create and edit your own music playlists by using Audacious App. Share your valuable comments/queries in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Keep Learning!!