Authy: Authy is a 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) app that lets you to secure your Linux device. Well, if you don’t know what is two-factor authentication? Here is the explanation, 2FA is one of the best ways to secure your accounts from hackers and hijackers. In such a case, the Authy application assures strong validation by generating 2 step verification tokens on your system. Twilio Authy is the best in its features such as secure cloud backups, protects major accounts, generates tokens offline and even more. Here, in this article, we will assist you to install the Authy for Linux Ubuntu 19.10/18.04 LTS in simple steps.
- Authy App Details
- Making use of Terminal to install the Authy App
- Install Authy from Official Portal
- Authy Installation from Ubuntu Software
- Dissimilar Ways to Launch Authy App
- Remove/Uninstall Authy Application
- Best in the Authy app
- A Short Summary
Authy App Details:
|App Size||64.1 MB|
Installation Process of Authy on Linux Ubuntu:
1) Making use of Terminal to install the Authy App:
- Using this simple shortcut CTRL+ALT+T,
you can open the Terminal on Linux Ubuntu.
- Run the below command on the Ubuntu Terminal to install Authy App.
- You will be asked to enter your system password to verify the installation process.
- The process of installation will be done in a few seconds.
2) Install Authy from Official Portal:
- Go to the official download page of Authy.
- Scroll down so you can find the direct download options of Desktop.
- Choose Linux and click Download.
- It will redirect you to a page, in that page, you have to scroll down and click Debian.
- You can find the commands that need to be executed in the Ubuntu terminal in order to install the Authy app.
3) Authy Installation from Ubuntu Software:
It is also possible to install Authy from Ubuntu Software. Just click on the following button in order to open this app on your Ubuntu software.
Dissimilar Ways to Launch Authy App:
Way 1: Authy App Launch – Using Terminal
- To open the Terminal, press CTRL+ALT+T,
on Linux Ubuntu.
- Copy and paste the below command and click Enter to launch it.
Way 2: Show Applications
- Click on Show Applications in your system.
- Then, type authy in the search option.
- Click on the application to launch it.
Way 3: Ubuntu Software
- Click on Ubuntu Software.
- Search for authy application.
- Now, you have to click on the Launch button.
Remove/Uninstall Authy Application:
- In order to remove/uninstall this application, you just need to execute the following command on your Ubuntu Terminal.
- You will be asked to enter your system password to verify the removal process.
- The removal process will be completed in a few seconds.
Best in the Authy app:
- Secure Cloud Backups: Authy application offers encrypted cloud backup so you will not lose access to tokens even though you lose your device or locked out of your accounts.
- Multi-Device Synchronization: You can easily add/synchronize 2FA tokens and devices to your account by means of the app.
- Supports Major Accounts: Most of the major accounts such as Gmail, Facebook, Amazon, etc are authenticated by this app. 8 digit tokens also supported.
- Generates Tokens Offline: The app generates offline tokens securely even when you are in Airplane mode.
- Protect bitcoins: Authy is the default 2FA provider for reputed companies like BitGo, CEX.IO, and others. Secure your bitcoin wallet with the use of the Authy app.
A Short Summary:
In the above article, we have described the Authy installation for Linux Ubuntu 19.10/18.04 LTS. Also, we assisted you with some simple ways of launch and remove/uninstall of Authy application. Authy application assures strong 2-Factor authentication to secure accounts in the Linux device. Your comments/feedbacks are highly welcomed as it will be the asset to our write-up. Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Read more interesting articles here!!