Discord: Discord is a multiplatform application that supports All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers. Discord is absolutely free, secure, and works on both desktop and phone. The platform allows to create different groups and discuss favorite and popular games and related topics with fellow game enthusiasts. Once a user created a discord account, they will be asked to create the first server, which is like an individual chat room. If a user wishes he can join existing servers on Discord.
- Install Discord on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Discord on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Discord on Ubuntu
- Remove Discord from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Discord
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Discord Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Discord Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Discord Ubuntu.
Install Discord Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Discord Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Discord Ubuntu Application.
Launching Discord Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Discord Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Discord Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Discord” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Discord icon so that it will be launched automatically.
A first time user needs to create a discord account and continue to enjoy the services.
Once you’ve created an account, you’ll be asked to create your first server, which is like an individual chat room. If you want to join existing servers on Discord, click Server Discovery, and you can browse servers for popular games such as Fortnite, Apex Legends, and Warframe.
Permissions for Discord:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for Discord by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for Discord:
- Use BlueTooth devices.
- Use your camera.
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read system mount information and disk quotas.
- Read access to network settings.
- Pause or end any process on the system.
- Play and record sound.
- Read/write files on removable storage devices.
- Prevent screen sleep/lock.
- Read process and system information.
Remove Discord from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Discord Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Discord.
Remove Discord using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Discord in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Discord GUI.
Features of Discord:
- Chat with small and large groups via text or voice.
- Set up different servers to chat with different groups.
- Invite friends to your server with a unique invite link.
- Customizable voice chat channels, where you can limit the number of participants, mute participants, and set individual volumes for each participant.
- Run Discord in the background as you play games if you have the app installed on your PC.
- Multiplatform – Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS apps available.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Discord Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more articles, Kindly Visit our HomePage