Evince Document Viewer: Evince is a default Document Viewer for Linux Ubuntu Distributions and was designed by GNOME. Evince supports a number of document formats such as PDF, TIFF, DVI, PostScript, and more. This article will guide you through the process of installing Evince Document Viewer on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.10(Eoan Ermine), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), and other Ubuntu-based Distros, and also on Debian.
- Install Evince Viewer on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10– Using Terminal
- How to Install Evince on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10– GUI
- Remove/Uninstall Evince from Linux Ubuntu
- Evince Keyboard and Gesture Shortcuts
- Features of Evince Document Viewer on Linux Ubuntu
- Application Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Evince Document Viewer on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10 & More- Using Terminal:
- Open Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- On the terminal, execute the following command. Kindly enter your system password when prompted to authenticate the installation process.
- After the installation process, you can access it from All Applications.
How to Install Evince on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04/ 19.10- Using GUI:
This method allows you to install Evince without using any command in Linux Terminal. Follow the instruction below. The installation will happen from Ubuntu Software.
- Click the below button to install Evince Document directly.
- A popup will appear on the screen and click the “Open xdg-open” option as shown in the below image.
- Now the installation wizard will appear on your screen and then click the Install option.
- The application will now be installed. After the installation process, you can access it from All Applications.
Alternately, you can also install it via Ubuntu Software.
How to Remove/Uninstall Evince Viewer from Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros:
Kindly use the following command on the terminal to remove or uninstall Evince Document Viewer from Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros.
Getting Started with Evince on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:
Keyboard and Gesture Shortcuts of Evince Document Viewer:
A lot of keyboard shortcuts and Gesture shortcuts are made available for Evince by Gnome. Check out the following image to get to know about these shortcuts.
Features & Advantages of Evince on Linux Ubuntu:
- Simple yet Powerful Document Viewer: Evince is a very simple application but handles files very powerful.
- Dark Theme Support: The application supports the dark theme of Ubuntu very well when Ubuntu is set to the dark theme.
- Supported File Formats: Evince supports a number of file formats such as PDF, TIFF, DVI, XPS, DjVu, PostScript, CBR, OpenDocument Presentation(ods), and more.
|License||Free to Use|
|App Size||9 MB|
Get in Touch with us:
When it comes to just viewing the pdf documents, nowadays, our browsers itself(Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc) are doing a great job. With Evince Document Viewer on Linux Ubuntu, you can able to view a number of document formats as mentioned above. Hence Evince holds a place on the must-have applications list.
The above article provides the important steps involved in the process of installing the Evince Document Viewer on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.10(Eoan Ermine), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), and other Ubuntu-based distros and also on Debian. If you have any Query with the above article, Kindly Comment us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP. For instant solutions, visit our Forum!!