Magnus: Magnus Ubuntu is a very simple desktop magnifier, showing the area around the mouse pointer in a separate window magnified two, three, four, or five times. Useful for users who need magnification, whether to help with eyesight or for accurate graphical design or detail work. Magnus works perfectly in Linux and Ubuntu systems and is developed by the author Stuart Langridge.
- Install Magnus Ubuntu – Using Terminal
- Install Magnus- Using GUI
- Launch Magnus on Ubuntu
- Remove Magnus from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Magnus
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Magnus Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Magnus Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Magnus Ubuntu.
Install Magnus Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for Magnus Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the Magnus Ubuntu Application.
Launching Magnus Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Magnus Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Magnus Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Magnus” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Magnus icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for Magnus Ubuntu:
A user can enable or disable the desired permission for Magnus by clicking on the permissions tab.
“Access files in your home folder” is the option available in the permissions tab.
Remove Magnus Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Magnus Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove Magnus using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Magnus in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Eclipse using GUI.
Features of Magnus:
- 2x, 3x, 4x and 5x magnification support.
- Users can read the text and see the images clearly.
- Works well in a large monitor, icons, and details can be viewed perfectly.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||5.7 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Magnus 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more articles, Kindly Visit our HomePage