MicroK8s: MicroK8s is a small, fast, secure, single-node Kubernetes that installs on just about any Linux box. MicroK8s can be used for offline development, prototyping, testing. It can be also used on a VM as a small, cheap, reliable k8s for CI/CD. MicroK8s is a great k8s for appliances – develop IoT apps for k8s and deploy them to MicroK8s on desired boxes. MicroK8s is developed by Canonical, a UK-based privately held computer software company which produces Ubuntu, provides commercial services for Ubuntu’s users, and works with hardware manufacturers, software vendors, and cloud partners.
- Install MicroK8s on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install MicroK8s on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Start MicroK8s on Ubuntu
- Remove MicroK8s from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Install MicroK8s on Fedora, Arch, CentOS and more
- Features of MicroK8s
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install MicroK8s Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the MicroK8s Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of MicroK8s Ubuntu.
Install MicroK8s Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
3. Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for MicroK8s Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the MicroK8s Ubuntu Application.
Starting MicroK8s Ubuntu:
You can enable the MicroK8s while booting using the following command:
The above command will enable the MicroK8s on boot. You can disable microK8s using the command sudo microk8s.disable
You can start and stop the microK8s utility using the following command:
- sudo microk8s.start
- sudo microk8s.stop
Remove MicroK8s from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Microk8s Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of MicroK8s.
Remove MicroK8s using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Spotify in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Sticky Notes GUI.
Features of MicroK8s:
- Extensible Kubernetes with fully automated operations.
- Automated Kubernetes updates.
- Kubernetes uses Container Network Interface (CNI) as an interface between network providers and Kubernetes networking.
- Charmed Kubernetes comes pre-packaged with several tested CNI plugins.
- Kubernetes comes with a powerful volume plugin system that enables many different types of storage systems.
- Highly secured monitoring and logging.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||192.2 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of MicroK8s Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more articles, Kindly visit our HomePage