OBS Studio: It is streaming and recording program. OBS Studio is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux distributions. Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is free and open-source for live-streaming. OBS provides real-time source and device capture, scene composition, encoding, recording, and broadcasting. Streaming websites such as YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, and Facebook. Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) has the facility to control the audio mixers through virtual faders. It has a variety of themes, including both dark and light themes. In this article, we discuss installation, launching and the removal process of Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa.
- Requirements of OBS Studio
- The installation process for the OBS Studio on Ubuntu
- The Launching process for OBS Studio
- Removal of OBS Studio
- Features of OBS Studio
Requirements of OBS Studio:
|App Size||167 MB|
The installation process for the OBS Studio on Ubuntu:
- Use the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Terminal.
- Copy the following command one by one.
FFmpeg is required: To install ffmpeg follow the below one,
- Paste it on your terminal window and press Enter to continue the task.
- The terminal will ask the password to enter, kindly enter your system password.
- After entering the password don’t forget to press Enter for executing.
- The installation will start and done in a few seconds.
Launching process for Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) Studio:
- You can launch the OBS Studio using the snap command.
- Open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the below-mentioned command in your terminal software.
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- The OBS Studio will be launched and open.
- In the show applications menu, you can find the OBS Studio by scrolling down.
- Otherwise, you can type as OBS Studio in the search column.
- Tap the OBS Studio icon that appeared on your screen to be launched.
The removal process for the OBS Studio:
- Make use of the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the following command and execute.
- The terminal will ask your system password, Enter the password to proceed.
- The removal of the OBS Studio will be done in a few minutes.
Features of Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) Studio:
- It is made up of multiple sources like window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards, etc.,
- OBS Studio has a feature of performing in the high range of real-time video and audio capturing and mixing.
- It has the feature of switch between the setup scenes and via custom transitions.
- It has VST plugin support and has per-source filters in audio mixer.
- OBS Studio has powerful and easy to use configuration options.
- Their properties are adjusted, add new Sources, duplicate the existing ones.
- It accesses to a wide array of configuration options in the Streamlined Settings panel.
Install the OBS Studio on Other Platforms:
In the above article, we have described the installation of Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) Studio on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa. In addition, we have illustrated some simple ways of launch and removal of OBS Studio on Ubuntu. Your valuable feedback is highly welcomed and drop in case of any queries/suggestions in the comment section.
Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Stay tuned for more interesting articles!!
- Install MAAS on Ubuntu
- Install Notepad-plus-plus on Ubuntu
- Install Google Chrome on Ubuntu
- Install Krita on Ubuntu
- Install Skype Application on Ubuntu
- Install Sudoku-Game App on Ubuntu
- Install GIMP for Ubuntu