Remmina: Remmina is an open-source Remote Desktop Client application written in GTK+ for the purpose to work with lots of remote computers. This app will be helpful for travelers and system administrators to work in front of small netbooks or large monitors. The Remmina application supports distinct types of network protocols in a stable and integrated user interface. At present, it supports protocols such as VNC, WWW, SSH, RDP, XDMCP, NX and SPICE. In this short tutorial, we will show you how to install the Remmina Application in Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia in simple steps.
- Install Remmina via Official PPA Repository
- Install Remmina – Using Snap Package Manager
- Launch the Remmina App
- Remove/Uninstall Remmina App
- A Short Summary
Distinct Ways to Install Remmina in Linux Mint:
There are diverse kinds of ways to install the Remmina application in Linux Mint. We can either make use of an official PPA Repository or Snap package manager for installing it. Here, we will illustrate both the ways.
Way 1 – Install Remmina via Official PPA Repository:
You have to execute the following commands in the Mint Terminal one by one to install this Remmina application in your Mint. While installing it, you will be asked to press [y/N], you have to press y to progress the installation.in
Way 2 – Install Remmina – Using Snap Package Manager:
- Click on the shortcut CTRL+ALT+Tto open the Terminal in Linux Mint.
- For installing the Remmina App, you have to run the below command on the Mint Terminal. After that, enter your system password to authenticate the installation process.
Launch the Remmina App:
1) Remmina Launch – Using Terminal
In the Mint Terminal, you have to type remmina and click Enter to launch it.
2) Using Menu
- In your system, you have to click on Menu.
- Type Remmina in the search option.
- Double click on Remmina App to launch it successfully.
Remove/Uninstall Remmina Application:
In order to remove/uninstall Remmina App, you just need to execute the following command in your Mint Terminal.
A Short Summary:
We hope that this article regarding the installation of Remmina application in Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia using official PPA repository and Snap package manager is useful. In addition, we have demonstrated some simple ways of launch and remove/uninstall of Remmina App. Is this tutorial helpful? Don’t forget to share your valuable queries/suggestions in the below comment box.