Snap Store: In Snap Store, the applications are found either through browsing categories or by searching. It is a graphical desktop application and it provides the applications with useful descriptions, ratings, reviews, and screenshots. Snap Store is for discovering, installing, and managing snaps on Linux. It is based on GNOME software and optimized for the Snap experience. It is used to view and alter snap permissions and also to switch channels, submit reviews and ratings. In this article, we discuss installation, launching and the removal process of Snap Store on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa.
- Requirements of Snap Store
- The installation process for the Snap Store on Ubuntu
- The Launching process for Snap Store
- Removal of Snap Store
Requirements of Snap Store:
|App Size||44 MB|
The installation process for the Snap Store on Ubuntu:
Method 1: Install Snap Store using a snap command
- Use the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the Terminal.
- Copy the following command.
- Paste it on your terminal window and press Enter to continue the task.
- The terminal will ask the password to enter, kindly enter your system password.
- After entering the password don’t forget to press Enter for executing.
- The installation will start and done in a few seconds.
Method 2: Install Snap Store using the Ubuntu software
- Go to Show applications, type as Ubuntu Software on the search bar and tap the icon to open.
- In the Ubuntu Software application, click on the search column appears at the top of the screen.
- Type as Snap Store in the search bar, once you find that application click on that.
- Select the install tab to install, to authenticate enter your system password.
- The installation process will be completed in a few seconds.
Launching process for Snap Store:
- You can launch the Snap Store using the snap command.
- Open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the below-mentioned command in your terminal software.
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- The Snap Store will be launched and open.
- In the show applications menu, you can find the Snap Store by scrolling down.
- Otherwise, you can type as Snap Store in the search column.
- Tap the Snap Store icon that appeared on your screen to launch.
The removal process for the Snap Store:
- Make use of the shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T to open the terminal.
- Copy & paste the following command and execute.
- The terminal will ask your system password, Enter the password to proceed.
- The removal of the Snap Store will be done in a few minutes.
In the above article, we have described the installation of the Snap Store on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa. In addition, we have illustrated some simple ways of launch and removal of Snap Store on Ubuntu. Your valuable feedback is highly welcomed and drop in case of any queries/suggestions in the comment section.
Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Stay tuned for more interesting articles!!
- Install MAAS on Ubuntu
- Install Notepad-plus-plus on Ubuntu
- Install Google Chrome on Ubuntu
- Install Krita on Ubuntu
- Install Skype Application on Ubuntu
- Install Sudoku-Game App on Ubuntu
- Install GIMP for Ubuntu