Focus Writer on Ubuntu: Focuswriter is a type of text editor which can do some minimal operations includes that you can create a document, edit the existing documents and many more. But the point of FocusWriter is to create the simple, distraction-free word processor. This word processor will run in Full Screen by default and it will helps you to engage more with your writings without unwanted distractions.
FocusWriter provides you the best themes & allows you to control the fonts, colors & background images. There are many other features available on the FocusWrtiter and we listed some essential in this article. This article is the tutorial about installing FocusWriter & how to use FocusWriter in Ubuntu 18.04, 19.04 & 19.10.
- Install FocusWriter on your Ubuntu System
- Launch FocusWriter
- How to use FocusWriter
- Essential Features
- Remove FocusWriter from your Ubuntu System
Install FocusWriter on your Ubuntu System:
FocusWriter application can be installed using the APT package. Follow the instruction to install the FocusWriter on your Ubuntu:
- Open Terminal and copy the below command
- It will take a few seconds to complete the installation process.
Once it completed, you can launch the FocusWriter application by following the below instructions.
You can launch the FocusWriter in two ways. One is through the terminal, copy the phrase “focuswriter” and paste in terminal to launch the FocusWriter application. Otherwise, follow the steps:
- Open “All Apps Menu”
- In the search bar, type “FocusWriter”
- Click the application icon to launch the FocusWriter text editor.
This is how you can launch the FocusWriter application.
How to use FocusWriter:
Once it launched, the text area will appear on the full screen as shown in the below image.
How to save the file in FocusWriter:
- Once you finished typing, now you need to save the file.
- By default, you can’t find the “Menu Bar” but move the mouse the top of the screen to enable “Menu Bar“
- Go to the “save” option and save the file.
- The output file is in the format of the Text.odt (Open Document Text) format.
This is how you can create the file and save the file in FocusWriter application.
How to change the file format in FocusWriter:
- It is possible to change the format of the output file in FoucsWriter
- By default, the FoucsWriter will save the text file open document text format\
- To change the format, go to the Settings menu
- Now go to the Preference option.
- In the Default Format option, you can change to other text file formats
- We changed the format to .txt format
- Click the ok button to save the settings.
This is how you can change the output file format in FocusWriter.
- Allows you to change the background or using custom background
- You can set the timer daily
- Spell Checking feature comes default
- All default text editor shortcuts work in Focus Writer
- Word Counter enabled
- Custom text format, colors and many more.
Remove FocusWriter from your Ubuntu System:
You can remove/uninstall the FocusWriter application from your Ubuntu system using the below command:
In a few seconds, the uninstallation process will be completed.
That’s it. Follow the above instructions carefully to install the FocusWriter application on Ubuntu 18.04, 19.04 & 19.10. If you have any queries related to this topic and then feel free to comment us below.
For more articles, Kindly visit our HomePage