Microsoft Teams is an integrated platform for communication and collaboration developed by Microsoft Corporation. It integrates the persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and applications. Microsoft Teams can also be integrated with non-Microsoft products as well. Before move on to the installation procedure on Ubuntu 19.10/ 18.04 LTS . Let’s take look at the features of Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Teams Specification
- Install Microsoft Teams on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10– simple steps
- Microsoft Teams for other platforms
- Aspects of Microsoft Teams
- A Brief Summary
Microsoft Teams Specification:
|App Size||65.1 MB|
Install Microsoft Teams on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10- simple steps:
This application can be downloaded and installed on your Linux Ubuntu from the official Microsoft Teams page. In this section, we will guide through the steps to do so.
- Go to the official Microsoft Teams page.
- Click on Linux DEB(64-bit) to download the DEB file of Teams for Ubuntu.
- After the download, double click on the DEB file of Microsoft Teams.
- Now, Teams installation will open on Ubuntu Software. Click on Install.
- Once the installation is completed, you can access Microsoft Teams on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.10 via show applications.
Microsoft Teams for other platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android):
Microsoft Teams is also available for various Desktop and Mobile platforms that include Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux(DEB and RPM), Mac, iOS, and Android. The following are the links to download it for your platform.
Aspects of Microsoft Teams:
- Teams: The user can create a group and admins can send invitations in the form of link and the user can join a group through this specific URL. Teams education allows teachers, staff, and admins to set up classes.
- Channels: The user can set up channels within their teams they can communicate via posts and team members can comment for the post.
- Calling: Microsoft team supports Instant messaging Voice over IP (VoIP) Video conferencing inside the client software. Teams support Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) allows the users to call phone numbers from the client.
- Meeting: User can be plan meeting via channels. and by visiting channel user can able to see the meeting. Microsoft teams allow plugins like Microsoft outlook through that they can invite other teams for a meeting.
- Education: Microsoft Teams allows teacher and students to improvise in educations via assignments, Lab reports, and quizzes
A Brief Summary:
This article covers the guidelines for you to install Microsoft Teams on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/19.10. Install Microsoft Temas a one-stop Application to integrate all your works. Please leave your comments/suggestions and in case of queries please leave a reply you will get instant updates.