WINE: Wine is an open-source computer program that allows you to run Windows Program on Linux and macOS. This application provides a Winelib which is a software library in order to help the developers to compile Windows applications on Unix-like systems. In this article, you will learn how to install the Wine App on Linux Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine/ 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver. Further, we will assist you to get help, check the version and remove/uninstall of Wine application easily.
- Install Wine App on Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
- Wine App – Help Command
- Check the Wine Version
- Remove/Uninstall Wine Application
- A Quick Synopsis
Process of Installing Wine Application:
Install Wine App on Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal:
- Click on the shortcut CTRL+ALT+Tto open the Terminal on Linux Ubuntu .
- For installing Wine App, you have to run the below command on the Ubuntu Terminal.
- After that, enter your system password to authenticate the installation process.
- Press ‘y’ to progress the installation.
- The installation process will be completed in a few minutes.
Wine App – Help Command:
In order to execute help command of Wine application, you just copy and paste the below short command on your Ubuntu Terminal.
Check the Wine Version:
If you want to know the version of this app, you can make use of the following command.
Remove/Uninstall Wine App:
You can easily remove/uninstall this application with the use of the following short command.
- Copy and paste the below command on the Ubuntu Terminal.
- Enter your system password in order to verify the process
- Press ‘y’ to progress the removal process.
A Quick Synopsis:
The above article will be useful as it explained to you clearly about the installation, help command, remove/uninstall of Wine Application in Linux Ubuntu 19.10/ 18.04 LTS. Wine application helps you to run Windows applications on the non-windows system. If you have any queries/suggestions, kindly share it in the below comment section. Thanks for visiting Tec Robust!! Keep Learning!!