Web Whatsapp on Linux:There is no official Whatsapp messaging app for Ubuntu & Linux. There are some 3rd party apps are availble which are almost similar to Whatsapp(but not the official one). So in this article, we provided the information about using official Web Whatsapp online application on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 19.04 Disco Dingo edition.
Accessing Web Whatsapp:
As we said earlier, Web WhatsApp is an online web application and it requires any browser to access it. Here we suggest you use Chrome for Ubuntu. If you don’t have the Chrome browser and then follow the link to install the Chrome browser on Ubuntu. Then,
- Open Web Whatsapp in the Chrome browser.
- Now you need to open the WhatsApp application on your mobile (Android or iOS).
- Tap Menu or Settings and select WhatsApp Web.
- Point your phone to this screen to capture the code.
- Once it got connected, The Whatsapp contacts will appear on your Ubuntu desktop.
- You can enable the notification to notify us when a message received from our friends.
Image Source: Whatsapp.com
Essential Features of Web Whatsapp:
- It allows you to send multimedia like Image, Video & Audio.
- It allows you to send documents such as PDF, Zip, and Docx.
- It allows you to change your DP, status and view other 24 Hr status.
- And all basic features adopted from mobile devices.
That’s it. As we said there is no official WhatsApp client app for Ubuntu Linux. You can use the Web Whatsapp provided by the Whatsapp for Ubuntu, Windows, and Mac. If you have any queries related to this topic and then feel free to comment us below.
For more articles, Kindly visit our Homepage