ICQ Instant Messenger: ICQ is a convinient and easy to use messaging service. It is a cross-platform instant messaging and VoIP client. The name ICQ derives from the English phrase “I Seek You”. Originally developed by the Israeli company Mirabilis in 1996, the client was bought by AOL in 1998, and then by Mail.Ru Group in 2010. As it is a cross-platform application it works perfectly with Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Linux, Symbian, Java ME, Web platform.
- Install ICQ Instant Messenger – Using Terminal
- Install ICQ Instant Messenger – Using GUI
- Launch ICQ Instant Messenger on Ubuntu
- Remove ICQ Instant Messenger from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of ICQ Instant Messenger
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install ICQ Instant Messenger 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Currently, ICQ Instant Messenger is available in two versions and they are classified as “beta” and “edge” versions.
Follow the below steps in order to install the ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of ICQ Instant Messenger for Ubuntu.
Install ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for ICQ. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu Application.
Launching ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “icq” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Simple screen recorder icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions for ICQ Instant Messenger:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for ICQ Instant Messenger by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for ICQ:
- Use your Camera.
- Access hardware information.
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read system mount information and disk quotas
- Play and record sound.
- Read/write files on removable storage devices.
- Prevent screen sleep/lock.
Remove ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the ICQ Instant Messenger Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove ICQ Instant Messenger using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for ICQ Instant Messenger in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the ICQ Instant Messenger using GUI.
Features of ICQ Instant Messenger:
- Secure call encryption.
- Provides high-quality video calls.
- Speech-to-text for voice messages is possible.
- Ability to create your own stickers.
- Animated 3D masks and video calls.
- ICQ supports Groups and channels.
- Perfect Chat synchronization across all devices.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||144.9 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of ICQ Instant Messenger 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more article, Kindly visit our Homepage