LaTex Ubuntu: In this article, we will how to install LaTex markup documentation system and use it with Texmaker on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo. LaTex is termed from the words Lamport Tex where Lamport is one of the persons behind the LaTex and Tex being the typesetting system. Unlike the plain text editor is “What you see is what you get“, it is now possible to define a document structure or layout using Markup tags with the help of LaTex markup documentation system. On the other hand, we need an editor to carry out the Latex documentation, it is made possible with the help of Texmaker which can be used as a LaTex Editor.
- Install LaTex and Texmaker on Ubuntu
- Getting Started with LaTex using Texmaker on Ubuntu
- How to remove LaTex and Texmaker from Ubuntu
- Use LaTex on Gedit using Plugin
- Get in Touch with Us
Install LaTex and Texmaker on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04:
Firstly, we will install LaTex Documentation system and then we will install TexMaker so that we can use LaTex on that. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Open Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following commands to install LaTex and as well as TexMaker on your Ubuntu.
- Now, the installation of LaTex will start. Kindly enter the system password to authenticate the installation process.
- Nextly, it is time to install Texmaker on your Ubuntu so that we can start using the LaTex Typesetting system on the Texmaker editor. The following is the command to install Texmaker.
- Once the application is installed, then it can be accessed from All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
Get Started with LaTex using Texmaker with Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:
Now that we have installed LaTex and as well as Texmaker, let us see a simple example of how LaTex works from the conventional plain text editors.
- Open Texmaker from All Applications.
- Create a simple document with words. The important step is to save the document before you run the build. Hence, don’t forget to save the file and then dropdown the Quick build option and choose LaTex and then run it.
- You can find the codes related to LaTex from the LaTex toolbar. Refer to the following image.
How to Remove LaTex and Texmaker from Linux Ubuntu:
The following are the commands to be used to remove or uninstall LaTex and Texmaker from Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distros.
Remove LaTex from Linux Ubuntu:
Remove Texmaker from Linux Ubuntu:
Use LaTex on Gedit to run Gedit-LaTex Plugin:
As the title suggests, it is possible to run LaTex Typesetting on Gedit editor with the help of Gedit-LaTex Plugin.
Gedit has to be installed on Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distros. It can be installed using the command sudo apt-get install gedit.
- Once Gedit is installed, it can be accessed from All Applications.
- Open Gedit and click on the menu and go to Preferences.
- Switch to the Plugins tab and make sure that the External tools are enabled.
- Now, we will install the Gedit-LaTex plugin. Use the following command.
- Open Gedit now and go to Preferences–>Plugins tab.
- You will find the LaTex Plugin on the list that you have to enable. Refer to the above image.
- After this, you can start using Gedit-LaTex Plugin. Go to Gedit menu and then go to Tools and you will find LaTex. You can start using it.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on How to Install LaTex on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04 Disco Dingo, and other Ubuntu-based distros and to install Texmaker on Linux Ubuntu, an editor with which LaTex can be used. If you have any Query with the above article, then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page.