Android Studio Linux on Ubuntu 18.04: Android Studio is one of most commonly using IDE ( Integrated Development Environment ) for the development of Google’s Android Operating System. This is a cross platform software and it is available for Windows, Mac & Linux OS. This Android Studio is the best replacement for Eclipse Android Development tools.
- Install Android Studio on Ubuntu 18.04
- Install Android Studio From Ubuntu Store
- Remove Android Studio IDE
- Features of Android Studio
- Android Studio for Windows
- Android Studio for Mac
Install Android Studio on Ubuntu 18.04, 18.04.2 & 19.04:
With the help of snap, it is very easy to install the Android Studio on Ubuntu 18.04, You just need to copy the below codes and paste it on the terminal of your Ubuntu and then click “Enter” to execute the command. Then the Android Studio IDE will successfully installed in your system. You can access the Android Studio IDE from the “All Apps” menu. In the below list you may able to get the installation command for all the version of Android Studio IDE.
Install Android Studio IDE Stable Version:
The installation of the Android Studio IDE will begin instantly. For new Linux users, follow the below steps to install the Android Studio on Ubuntu.
If you are not sure about how the above commands work then kindly refer the following detailed steps. This section will be really helpful for Beginners.
- Open the Linux Terminal using CTRL +ALT +T.
- Once the Terminal opens, Paste the following command and execute it. This command will install the snap package to your repository. You can ignore this step if the snap is already installed on your system.
Then copy the above command and paste in your Ubuntu Terminal and hit “Enter” button. Enter your password to execute the above command.
The installation process will begin as shown in the below image.
Once the process got completed you can find the app in “App Store“. This is the easiest and fastest way to install the Android Studio IDE on Ubuntu 18.04 through the Terminal. You can also install this application through the Ubuntu Store.
Install Android Studio IDE from Ubuntu Store:
This is the best alternative method to install the Android Studio IDE on Ubuntu 18.04 and 19.04 version. Follow the below steps to download and install the Android Studio from the Ubuntu Store.
If you are new to Linux and don’t know to use the Ubuntu Terminal and then this is the perfect alternative solution to install the Android Studio. Like App Store, Ubuntu has its own store which is termed as Ubuntu Software. You can simply find the app by entering the name in the search bar of the Ubuntu store. Follow the below steps:
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the Window.
- A Search bar will appear now. Search for Android Studio.
- Once you locate the application, Click on that and Choose Install.
- Kindly wait for the application to install.
- Once the installation is done, you can Launch the Android Studio IDE Application from All Applications.
Remove Android Studio IDE from Ubuntu 18.04:
You can remove the Android Studio IDE app from Ubuntu PC by using the above command. You need to copy the above command and paste it on the terminal and hit “Enter” button.
Features of Android Studio IDE:
- Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes
- Gradle-based build support
- ProGuard integration and app-signing capabilities
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- A rich layout editor that allows users to drag-and-drop UI components, option to preview
- Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components
- Support for building Android Wear apps
- layouts on multiple screen configurations
- Messaging (Earlier ‘Google Cloud Messaging’) and Google App Engine
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, enabling integration with Firebase Cloud
- Android Virtual Device (Emulator) to run and debug apps in the Android studio.
The above list is the essential features of Android Studio IDE build.
Install Android Studio On Windows PC:
You can download Android Studio on Windows PC from their official webpage. You simply go to their webpage and download the Android Studio IDE for Windows 32 bit OS or Windows 64 bit OS.
Install Android Studio On Mac PC:
You can download Android Studio on Mac PC from their official webpage. You simply go to their webpage and download the Android Studio IDE for Mac 64 bit OS.
That’s it, Friends!! Follow the above steps to download and install Android Studio IDE on Ubuntu 18.04! As we said this app is the best alternative for Eclipse for designing the Android Apps. This Android Studio is a cross-platform application and it is available for Windows, Mac & Linux. If you have any queries and then feel free to comment on us.
- Content Explanation
- Command Working
- Images Explanation
- Content Depth
For more article, kindly visit our Homepage