Audacity Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Audacity Audio Application on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and also on Linux Ubuntu Mint. Audacity Linux is an Open source Digital Audio editor that helps us to manage and edit our audio files in a digital way. Audacity is available for different kinds of Platforms(Cross Platform) such as Windows, Linux/Unix and MacOs and more. There are different methods available to download and install Audacity Linux on Ubuntu Unity and other Ubuntu-based Debian Distributions. Choose the method that you are comfortable with from this article.
- Different Methods to Install Audacity Linux
- How to Install Audacity on Ubuntu Distributions
- Download Audacity Linux on Ubuntu Unity -GUI Mode
- Installing Audacity using Snap Store
- Features & Advantages of Audacity Editor application
- Get in Touch with Us
Different Methods to Install Audacity Linux on Ubuntu Unity:
As said in the above paragraph, there are a lot of methods available to install this Audio Editor Application on Linux Ubuntu and also on other Ubuntu-based Distros. The following are the methods.
- Install Audacity Linux using Linux Terminal
- Download and Install Audacity using Ubuntu Software- GUI Mode
- Downloading the Application from the Snap
How to Install Audacity Linux using Terminal on Ubuntu Unity:
This method is very simple. All you have to do is to add the PPA to your system and then you can use the installation commands. The commands as follows.
This is Beginner’s section. Here we have explained with step by step images for the easier understanding. Kindly follow the steps.
- Open Terminal using the Shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Paste the following command and execute it. This command will add the PPA of Audacity to your system. Enter your Password if you are asked to authenticate the process.
- You will be asked to press Enter Key to if you adding the PPA for the first time.
- Now, execute the following command on your system. This command will update the Package lists on your system.
- Finally, the installation Command will install the Audacity Linux on your Ubuntu Unity and the command as follows.
- The audacity will be installed on the Linux. The above method is applicable for both Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 TLS and also on Linux Mint and other Ubuntu-based distributions.
Download and Install Audacity Audio Editor App- GUI Mode:
If you are new to Linux and not sure about using the Terminal or if you don’t want to get into those Terminal things then this will be the best method to install Audacity Application on your Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS because we will use Graphical User Interface(GUI) to install the software.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search for Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the window.
- Once you click the Search symbol, a Search bar will drop down.
- Search for Audacity. Once you find the application then click on that.
- Choose the Install option.
- Kindly wait till the installation completes.
- You can Launch the Application once installation is done.
Download the Audacity Application from Snap Store:
You can also use download the Audacity Linux application from the Snapstore by visiting their official store.
Features & Advantages of Audacity Linux:
- The main advantage of this application is Cross-Platform Operation.
- Post Processing all types of audio is possible.
- Add a number of effects such as Trimming, Fading and Normalization and more.
- Record and mix Albums(Multitrack mixing) using Audacity.
- Amplitude Envelope editing is also possible in Audacity application.
- Schedule your Recorder times to automate the process.
- Precisely, adjust the Audio Speed as well as Audio pitch.
- There are a lot of advantages other than the above-listed features.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides information on different methods to download and install Audacity Linux on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and also on other Ubuntu-based Debian Distros or Distributions. If you have any Query or Suggestions, then Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.
Visit TECTROBUST for more interesting articles on Linux and Ubuntu.