Brackets Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Brackets Linux on Linux based operating systems such as Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and Linux Mint and other Ubuntu-based distributions using different methods. The methods are explained step by step with clear images and hence Installing Brackets Linux on your Linux Environment will be more fun and easier. Check out: Install Atom Text Editor on Linux Ubuntu
- What is “Brackets”?
- Different methods to install Brackets on Linux Ubuntu
- Advantages of Brackets Linux over other Editors
- Which is the Best: Atom Vs Bracket
- How to Remove Brackets from Linux
- Brackets Linux Extensions
- How to Install Extensions on Brackets
- Best Extensions available for Brackets Linux-Latest
- Get in Touch with Us
What is “Brackets” and why do we need it?
- Brackets is a Latest and Powerful Open Source Code Editor which is particularly made for Web Designers and Front-end Developers.
- This application is very light but works to the best because the app provides Visual features such as Inline Editors and also Live preview for Web pages and Preprocessor support and a lot more.
- Brackets support Cross-Platform functioning and hence it is available for Window, Linux and more.
- Brackets Linux is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- A lot of Themes are available using which you can able to customize the Brackets as per your wish and also there are a lot of Extensions available that will make your work more easier while working with Brackets on Linux.
Different Methods to Download and Install Brackets Linux:
The following are the different methods available to install this editor on your Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Debian Distros.
- Install using “Snap” on Terminal
- Download and Install Brackets using Ubuntu Software– GUI Method
- Download deb file from official Brackets
Installing Brackets Linux using Snap Command on Terminal Emulator:
The following are the commands that have to used to get Brackets Linux on Ubuntu Unity.
If you are a beginner and not sure about using the terminal, Kindly follow the below steps because we have explained the steps in detail and with images for the easy understanding.
- Open Terminal on Linux Ubuntu using CTRL + ALT + T.
- Paste the following installation command for installing Snap on your Linux Operating System. Kindly authenticate the process by entering the Password.
Finally, Paste the installation command of Brackets and execute it. The command as follows.
- Now the installation process will start. Kindly wait for the installation to finish. Then you can access Brackets Linux through All Applications.
Download & Install Brackets Linux using Ubuntu Software- GUI Mode:
Suppose you are not comfortable with the Linux Terminal and looking for a better and easy way then this is your section in this article. Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS users can follow this method.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search icon that is available on the Top of the Ubuntu Software interface.
- Once you click the Search icon, a Search bar will drop down. Search for Brackets.
- Once you find the Brackets application, Click on that and then Choose Install.
- The Installation Brackets will start. Kindly wait till it finishes.
- You can Launch the Application once the installation finishes.
Download Brackets deb file from Official Brackets Website- Direct Method:
This is the alternate method available to download and install Brackets on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Ubuntu based Distributions.
Go to the Official Brackets Website.
You will find Download Brackets Button. Click on that. The Latest Version of the application will start to install. It is a deb file and hence you can install it just by a few clicks after the Download Completes.
Advantages of Brackets Linux Source Code Editor:
Though there are a lot of source code editors available such as Atom Text Editor and more. Brackets has its own advantages. The following are the advantages of this Open Source Code Editor.
- It is available for both 32 and 64-bit versions and supports Cross-Platform function.
- The Editor is very light but it can perform complex operations like Inline Editors, Live Previews, Preprocessor Support, and a lot more.
- A lot of Extensions are available which make it very easy working with Brackets Linux.
Atom Vs Brackets: Which is the Best Editor for Linux?
This is a Comparison between the Best and Power Editors of Linux. Both are Open Source Code Editors with similar functioning such as Code Editing, Cross-Platform functions, Extensions, Themes and more. They share a lot of features in common whereas Atom Text Editor can also be used as IDE(Integrated Development Environment) and on the other hand, Brackets are mainly dedicated for Web Designers and Front-end Developers. Hence if you are a Front-end Developer then you may go ahead with Brackets Linux and if you are a person who has to work a lot with IDE then you may choose Atom Text Editor.
How to Remove Brackets Text Editor from Linux:
If you wish to uninstall Brackets from your Linux Operating system, then there are two ways if you are using Linux Ubuntu unity. The following are the methods.
Uninstall Brackets using Terminal:
Open Terminal and use the following command.
The above command will remove Brackets from your Linux Operating system.
Remove Brackets using Ubuntu Software-GUI Mode(Applicable for Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS):
- Go to All Applications.
- Open Ubuntu Software.
- Search for Brackets and locate it.
- Choose Remove to uninstall Brackets from your Linux Operating System.
Brackets Linux Extensions and its functions:
In general, Extensions gives us an added support and ease of access to features. It reduces our work in working with Computers. The most effective functioning of Extensions can be observed from Web Extensions which most of the times make our work much simpler. Certain extensions have the capability to work even in offline and a lot more features are there. In a similar way, you can also add a lot of Extensions to Brackets to simplify your work.
How to Install Extensions on Brackets Linux:
- You can open the Extensions dashboard using the Shortcut File–> Extension Manager.
- Now the Extension manager will pop-up. Select Available tab.
- If you have Extension Zip file or URL then Kindly Choose the option “Drag .zip here or Install from URL“. Suppose you have an Extension URL then paste the URL on the pop-up that will appear and click Install as shown in the below image.
- You will get the message “Installation Successful” once the installation of extension is complete.
Best Brackets Linux Extensions-Latest:
Here, we have added a brief information about the famous and most used Brackets Linus Extensions.
- Beautify– Make you codes look clean and neat by using Beautify.
- ToDo– Displays To do Comments on the Working Project.
- eqFTP– Provides FTP/FSTP Client in Brackets.
- ColorPicker– Makes you work much easier when working with CSS.
- Minimap– It has various features such as “Autohide functionality”, “Quick Preview Function”, “Smooth Scrolling” and more.
- Legibility– Helps to increase the legibility of the code such as Status bar, Line Heights, Extension modal, bottom panel, and more.
- Clipbox– Keep a record of your Clipboard History.
- Brackets Outline– Display the list of Functions used on the Working Project.
There are a lot more extensions available that will totally simplify your work while working with Brackets on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on How to Download and Install Brackets Linux on different Linux environments such as Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Debian and Ubuntu Distributions. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles on Linux and Ubuntu Unity, Kindly visit TecRobust