Cmake: Cmake is a command based Cross-platform software build system generator. CMake is an open-source, family of tools designed to build, test and package software. The suite of CMake tools was created by Kitware in response to the need for a powerful, cross-platform build environment for open-source projects. CMake is used to control the software compilation process using the simple platform and compiler-independent configuration files, and generate native makefiles and workspaces that can be used in the compiler environment of a user’s choice. This snap is maintained separately from the CMake project by one of the CMake co-maintainers “Crascit“. It is the trading name for Craig Scott, a professional software engineer since 2001.
- Install Cmake on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Cmake on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Remove Cmake from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Cmake
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Cmake Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Cmake Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Cmake Ubuntu.
Install Cmake Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Cmake Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Cmake Ubuntu Application.
Remove Cmake from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Cmake Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Cmake.
Remove Cmake using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Cmake in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Cmake GUI.
Features of Cmake:
- Supports native build environments.
- Create libraries and generate wrappers.
- Supports in-place and out-of-place builds.
- Multiple builds from a single source tree.
- The static and dynamic library builds.
- Designed to be used with a graphical editor.
- Multiple toolkits.
- Command based list of arguments.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||110.6 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Cmake Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!