Deluge Ubuntu: Deluge is a highly secured and lightweight and rich-featured BitTorrent Client which was created by the members of Ubuntuforums before a decade. It was initially termed as gTorrent but changed the name to Deluge later. Recently Deluge has updated their repository after nearly 2 years. In this article, we will see How to Install Deluge on Ubuntu 19.04, 18.04 LTS, Linux Mint, Kubuntu, and Lubuntu.
- Install Deluge on Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Download & Install Deluge App on Ubuntu– Using GUI Mode
- How to Remove Deluge from Linux Ubuntu
- Features of Deluge Application
- Application Details
- Get in Touch with Us
How to Install Deluge Ubuntu on Linux Ubuntu 19.04 LTS/ 18.04 LTS- Using Terminal:
We will add the Deluge PPA Repository to our system and then we will install Deluge on Ubuntu. The following are the commands to be used to install this app on Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint, Kubuntu, Lubuntu and more.
You will be prompted to enter the password to initiate the installation process. Kindly enter the system password.
Give some time for the installation process. Once done, you can access it from All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
Install Deluge on Linux Ubuntu using GUI Mode:
If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 or Higher Versions, then you can install this application on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software. Ubuntu Software is similar to an App Store of Apple or Google Play of Android.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol.
- A Search bar will dropdown.
- Search for Deluge. Once find the click on the corresponding application.
- Click Install to initiate the installation process.
- Kindly enter your System Password to authenticate the process.
- After the installation, the Deluge App can be launched then.
- This method is very simple and if you don’t want to get into those adding repositories on Terminal and things, then you can simply use this GUI Method.
How to Remove Deluge from Linux Ubuntu and Ubuntu Based Distros:
The following is the command to be used to remove Deluge from Ubuntu 19.04 & Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and other Ubuntu-based Distros.
Features of Deluge BitTorrent Client:
- It has Fast Protocol extension.
- Utorrent Peer exchange is possible.
- proxy Support is available.
- You can set up Global and per-torrent speed limits.
- BitTorrent Protocol Encryption is available.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||2 MB(Appx)|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on How to Install Deluge BitTorrent Client on Linux Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver and other Ubuntu-based Disros such as Linux Mint, Kubuntu and Lubuntu and more. If you have any Query on this article then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP. For instant solutions, Kindly visit our Forums !!