Doctl Ubuntu: In this article, we will check out the methods involved in the process of installing Doctl on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo) and other Linux Distros such as Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and more. Doctl is a command-line tool available to manage DigitalOcean services. DigitalOcean shortly termed as DO includes a number of server and cloud-based services and data centers worldwide. A few of the services from DigitalOcean is Shared Web hosting, Managed Kubernetes, managed databases, cloud firewall, Load Balancers, Floating IPs, API & CLI developer tools, and a lot more.
- Install Doctl on Linux Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- How to Install Doctl on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS– Using GUI
- Getting Help menu from Doctl
- Remove/Uninstall Doctl from Linux Ubuntu
- Application Details
- Install Doctl on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Doctl tool on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04:
We will use Snappy Package manager to install Doctl on Linux Ubuntu, and other Ubuntu-based distros such as Linux Mint and more and also on Debian. Kindly follow the below steps.
- Open Terminal on Ubuntu using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following command to install Doctl on Ubuntu.
- Enter your system password when prompted to authenticate the installation process.
- Kindly wait till the installation completes.
How to Install Doctl on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS- Using GUI:
This is an alternate method available for installing Doctl on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and Ubuntu 19.04. We will use Ubuntu Software which is the store for Ubuntu apps and install this app using the Graphical user interface.
- Click on All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol available on the Ubuntu Software.
- A search bar will dropdown. Search for Doctl.
- Once found, click on that and select the Install option.
- Kindly wait till the installation finishes.
Getting Help from Doctl:
To get the Help menu from Doctl, Kindly use the following command on the terminal.
How to Remove/Uninstall Doctl from Linux Ubuntu & Ubuntu-based Distros:
The following is the command to be used to uninstall or remove Doctl tool from Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04, and more.
|License||Free to Use|
|App Size||8 MB(Appx)|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
How to Install Doctl on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, and OpenSUSE:
Kindly use the following commands to install Doctl on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, and OpenSUSE.
Doctl for Fedora:
Doctl for Arch Linux:
Doctl for CentOS:
Doctl for OpenSUSE:
Get in Touch with Us:
The following article provides detailed information on Doctl Tool which is a command line tool for controlling digitalocean cloud and servers. With the above article, install Doctl on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04, Linux Mint, and other ubuntu-based distros, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, Debian, and OpenSUSE. Kindly Comment Us if you have any Query with the above article and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP. For instant solutions, visit our Forum!!