.NetCore SDK for Ubuntu: .Net Core SDK helps to develop high performance applications in less time, on any platform. It contains the following components that are used to build and run applications: The .NET Core CLI tools. .NET Core is the modular and high-performance implementation of .NET for creating web applications and services that run on Windows, Linux, and Mac. .NET Core Software Development Kit (SDK) is a set of libraries and tools that allow developers to create .NET Core applications and libraries. It is open-source and it can share the same code with .NET Framework and Xamarin apps. The project is primarily developed by Microsoft and released under the MIT License. In this article, we will check out the methods involved in the installation of Microsoft’s .NET Core SDK on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), and other Ubuntu-based Distros.
- Install on .NET Core SDK Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install on .NET Core SDK Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Getting Help menu from .NET Core SDK
- Remove from .NET Core SDK Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of .Net Core SDK
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install .NET Core SDK on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the .NET Core SDK via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of .NET Core SDK.
Install the .NET Core SDK on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for .NET Core SDK. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the .NET Core SDK Ubuntu Application.
Getting Help Menu from .NET Core SDK on Linux Ubuntu:
you can start using .NET Core on the terminal. Kindly use the following command to get Help menu from .NET Core SDK.
Remove .NET Core SDK from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the .NET Core SDK via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of .Net Core SDK.
Remove.NET Core SDK using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for.NET Core SDK in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the .NET Core SDK GUI.
Features of .NET Core SDK:
- It’s free so no fees or licensing costs, including for commercial use.
- Cross-platform, with free development tools for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Microsoft ships official releases and updates.
- Official releases that are built and tested on Microsoft-maintained servers in Azure and supported just like any Microsoft product.
- .NET Core is a modular and high-performance tool.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||252.4 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of .NET Core SDK from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page