ElectronMail Ubuntu: ElectronMail is an Electron-based unofficial desktop client for ProtonMail and Tutanota end-to-end encrypted email providers. It is a cross platform application and aims to provide enhanced desktop user experience enabling features that are not supported by the official in-browser web clients. It is developed by author Oirio Joshi in TypeScript and uses Angular. In this article, we will see How to Install Electron Mail on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo and more.
- Install ElectronMail on Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install ElectronMail Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launching the App on Ubuntu
- Remove ElectronMail from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Install ElectronMail on Arch Linux
- Install ElcrtronMail on Fedora
- Download ElectronMail for Windows 10
- Features of ElectronMail
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install ElectronMail 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the ElectronMail Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of ElectronMail.
Install ElectronMail Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for ElectronMail. Once you find the app, click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the ElectronMail Ubuntu Application.
Launching ElectronMail Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the ElectronMail Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching ElectronMail Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “ElectronMail” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the ElectronMail icon so that it will be launched automatically.
During the first launch, a new user needs to set up a master password with the help of the master password setup prompt.
Permissions for ElectronMail:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions for ElectronMail by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permissions available for ElectronMail:
- Access files in your home folder.
- Read, add, change, or remove saved passwords.
- Play and record sound.
NOTE: To use the Keep me signed in feature please enable the password manager service by either running the following command in the terminal or by clicking on the “Permissions” button:
This is required to connect the snap with the system’s default keyring to save and access encrypted passwords securely.
Remove ElectronMail Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the ElectronMail Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Remove ElectronMail using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for ElectronMail in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the ElectronMail using GUI.
Install Electronmail on Arch Linux Distros:
The following are the commands to be used to install Electronmail on Arch Linux. We will use Snappy package manager to install Electronmail on Arch Linux.
Install Electronmail on Fedora using Snappy Package Manager:
The following are the commands to be used to install Electronmail on Fedora.
Download Electronmail for Windows 10:
As told in the introduction paragraph, Electronmail is available for Windows Operating system. It can just be downloaded and installed like other Software on Windows 10.
- Download Electronmail for Windows 10– From Official Electronjs
What is an Electron?
Electron helps us develop cross-platform applications by using existing web technologies. Electron (formerly known as Atom Shell) is an open-source framework developed and maintained by GitHub. It combines the Chromium rendering engine and the Node.js runtime.
ProtonMail is a secured and opensource email incorporated in Switzerland and all of its servers are located in Switzerland. This means all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
Tutanota is the world’s most secure email service, easy to use and private by design. Its entire team is based in Hanover, Germany. All the free encrypted emails are stored on servers in highly secured data centers in Germany. With its strict data protection laws and the GDPR, Germany has some of the best laws in the world to protect your right to privacy.
Features of ElectronMail:
- It is a Cross-platform application, the app works on Linux/OSX/Windows platforms.
- Provides support for Multi email providers and multi-accounts.
- Automatic login into the app with a remembered master password.
- Automatic login into the email accounts, including filling 2FA tokens.
- Encrypted settings storage with switchable predefined key derivation and encryption presets.
- Native notifications feature for individual accounts.
- System tray icon with a total number of unread messages shown on top of it.
- Switchable view layouts (full, tabs and dropdown).
- Full-text search option.
- Built-in/prepackaged web clients.
- Configuring proxy per account support.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||132.9 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of ElectronMail Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
For more interesting articles. Kindly visit Tec Robust