Etcher Balena for Ubuntu: One of the Best Cross-Platform and Free and Open Source Software(FOSS) that can burn image files(.iso and .img) on USB, SD cards and thereby making them as the Bootable devices. There are a number of utilities available when it comes to creating Bootable USB using Windows Operating System but if you are looking to create a Bootable USB using Linux then etcher Balena is one of the Best and fastest application. In this article, we will see How to Install this application on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, 18.10, Disco Dingo 19.04, Fedora, RHEL and more.
- Commands to install etcher Balena on different Linux Distros
- Key Features of this application
- How to Install etcher Balena on Linux Ubuntu 19.04– Using Terminal
- How to Remove etcher Balena from Linux Ubuntu
- Getting Started with etcher Balena on Linux Ubuntu
- Get this application on Windows and Mac
- Get in Touch with Us
Install etcher Balena on different Linux Distros:
The following are the commands to be used on the terminal to install this application on your Linux Distribution.
For Ubuntu 18.04.2, 18.10, 19.04, Mint & other Ubuntu Based Distros:
For RHEL: (RedHat Enterprise Linux)
Key Features of etcher Balena:
- It is a Free and Open Source Software and hence it is very easy to download and use.
- It burns image files a bit Faster than the other utilities.
- Burning image files are made easier with this application.
- As it is a Cross-Platform application, it is available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- Creating a Bootable USB and SD Card is now a very easy process with the help of etcher Balena.
- Simple Interface(GUI) that makes it work with this application less complicated.
- Multiple Partitions can be made on a single device.
How to Install etcher Balena on Ubuntu 19.04, 18.04.2 LTS, 18.10 & More- For Beginners:
Welcome to the Beginner’s section. If you are new Linux and if you are not sure about using the Terminal then kindly follow the below steps. We have provided step by step image explanation for the easy understanding of the process.
- Open Terminal using CTRL +ALT +T.
- Firstly, we will add the etcher Debian repository to our system. Kindly use the following command.
- Nextly, we will validate the Key using the following command.
- We will make sure all the applications are up to date using the following command.
- Finally, it is the installation command.
Kindly wait for the installation to complete. Once the installation is done, then you can open etcher Balena from All Applications.
How to Use etcher Balena to Create Bootable USB on Linux Ubuntu:
In this section, we will see How to use this application and burn image files such as .iso and .img files on Linux Ubuntu Disco Dingo 19.04.
Getting Started with etcher Balena on Ubuntu Disco Dingo:
- Firstly, open etcher Balena from All Applications.
- The following is the interface of the application. It is such a simple and clear interface.
- Click on the Select Image file to specify the image file to Balena.
- Locate the required image file and Click Open.
- Now, it is time to insert the USB or SD Card. The application will automatically detect the USB.
- Finally, Click on the Option “Flash” to start the burning process. You will be asked to authenticate the process.
- Once the process starts, you can find all the required information such as Write Speed, ETA of the process and the image file and USB information.
- Suppose, you wish to abandon the process in the middle then Click on the Cross Sign next to “Flashing”. It is totally not advisable to interrupt the process in the middle and it may also cause Hardware failure. Hence be sure before you do that.
- Once the flashing is completed, the Bootable USB is now created using this application on Ubuntu.
How to Remove etcher Balena from Linux Ubuntu:
Download etcher Balena for Windows and MacOS:
As told above, this application is a Cross-platform application and hence it is available for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. The following are the links to download this application on Windows and Mac.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on etcher Balena for Ubuntu and methods to install it on different Linux Distributions such as Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2, Disco Dingo 19.04, Linux Mint, Fedora, RHEL and more. Getting Started section provides step by step information on How to use this application on Linux Ubuntu which will be very useful if you are a first time user. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit Tec Robust