Evolution Linux: Evolution has been in the market for decades and in spite of it’s all Ups and Downs, as its name says, Evolution has really evolved a lot over the period of time and stands better than ever before. In this article, we will see all the interesting features of Evolution Linux and also will see How to Install Evolution Linux on Ubuntu Unity and other Ubuntu & Debian based Distributions. Let us get into the article.
- What is Evolution Linux?
- Struggles of Evolution
- Install Evolution Linux on Ubuntu– using Terminal
- Key Features of Evolution Application
- How to Remove Evolution from Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with Us
- Screenshots of the Evolution Application
What is Evolution Linux?
- Evolution is a Personal information manager which was developed for Gnome Environment. It comes with a number of features such as e-mail, Calendar, address book, and more.
- Though the present day’s Evolution is performing very well, you may not find it in your Ubuntu and one of the main reasons for that is that the entire focus fell into Mozilla’s Thunderbird.
- Thunderbird Linux is now the Official and default Personal Information Manager & Email Client for Ubuntu which is also pre-installed on the desk.
Struggles of Evolution Linux:
- Throughout the years, Evolution has literally gone through a number of Struggles and Ups & Downs and Takeovers.
- Initially, when it was officially launched in 2000, it didn’t go well as expected and the main reason for that was, It was very much similar to Microsoft’s Outlook which made some Negative Impact on the minds of the people. Those were the times where Microsoft was growing Exponentially and Linux Users were looking for some unique applications that will make them stand out against Microsoft.
- In recent years, with the development of Mozilla’s Thunderbird which is performing extremely well, Evolution has been long forgotten. However, Evolution always has its own users and the current version of Evolution is far better than ever it was.
Install Evolution Linux on Ubuntu & Debian Distributions:
The following are the command to be used to install Evolution Linux.
We will explain each command in detail below which will be useful particularly for Linux Beginners.
- Open the Terminal using the command CTRL +ALT +T.
- Once the terminal opens, execute the following command so that we can add the necessary repository of Evolution Linux.
- Nextly, we will update all the apps that are installed on our system using the following command.
- Now, its time to execute the installation command of Evolution.
- Kindly wait till the installation process is complete after which Evolution can be opened from All Applications.
Key Features of Evolution Linux:
- It supports POP & IMAP Protocols for Email Retrievals and uses SMTP for Email transmission.
- Auto Spam Filtering option is there in the Evolution.
- Manage your Contacts with the help of the Address Book.
- Calendar Support is also there.
- A number of Plugins are available with which you can further increase its functionality.
- Connection to Microsoft Exchange server is possible with the help of suitable Plugins.
How to Remove Evolution Linux from Ubuntu Unity:
The following is the command to be used to remove/uninstall Evolution from your Ubuntu.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides the complete information about the Evolution Linux, its advantages and methods to install it on Ubuntu and Debian based Distributions. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
Screenshots of Evolution Linux Application:
We have provided the Screenshots of Evolution Application on Ubuntu for better understanding.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit TecRobust