Fast App: It is a simple application created by Netflix which is used to determine your Internet Speed. The main advantage of this application is that unlike Speedtest, the interface of Fast is simple, ad-free, and very fast and hence not consuming data and time of users. Fast is available as a Web app which you can easily access through browser any time and also as an Android and ios App. However, Fast is made much simpler for Linux Ubuntu users by providing the option of running the app on the Terminal itself. In this article, we will see How to Install Fast on Ubuntu and run it on Terminal.
- Install Fast on Ubuntu using Snap
- How to Use Fast on Ubuntu Terminal
- Get Fast on Ubuntu using GUI Mode
- How to Install Snap on Ubuntu
- Remove Fast from Ubuntu
- Fast App for Android and iOS
- Get in Touch with Us
How to Install Fast on Ubuntu 19.04, 18.04.2 LTS using Snap:
- Recently, Snap Announced that “Fast” service is now available for Ubuntu and can be used on the terminal itself to check the Internet Speed. The following are the commands to be used to install Fast on Ubuntu and Ubuntu and Debian based Distros.
Use Fast Application on the Ubuntu Terminal:
Now that the application is installed on the Ubuntu let us get to know How to use it on the Terminal. The steps are really simple.
- Open Terminal using CTRL +ALT +T.
- Then comes the usual App opening in Ubuntu. Type “fast” and press Enter key. The application will start to run on the Terminal itself and will get you the Download Speed of your Internet. The output as follows.
Install Fast Application using Ubuntu Software- GUI Method:
Though “Fast” application runs only on the terminal and does not have a GUI, with the arrival of Ubuntu Software, it is now possible to install Fast Application from Ubuntu Software and hence not getting much into Terminal for installing the application.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the Window.
- A Search bar will appear now. Search for the “Fast” App.
- Once you locate the application, Click on that and Choose Install.
- Kindly wait for the application to install.
- Once the app is installed, then you can run it on the Terminal.
How to Remove Fast App from Ubuntu:
Use the following command on the Terminal to remove Fast application from Ubuntu.
Missing out Snap on your Ubuntu Distros?
Snap is a Package Manager that helps users to install a number of applications on their Ubuntu environment. Snap is pre-installed on Ubuntu 16.04 and Higher Versions. However, if you are using older versions or if the snap is missing from your system then Kindly check out: How to Install Snap on Linux Ubuntu
Fast App for Android and iOS:
Fast App is also available for Android and iOS. If you are looking forward to an ad-free, simple Internet Speed Check App then Kindly check out the following link to get to know more about Fast for Android and iOS and install them on the respective devices.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on Fast Application and different methods available to install Fast on Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo, Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and on other Ubuntu and Debian based Distros such as Linux Mint, etc. If you have any Query regarding this article, Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles on Linux, Kindly visit