Filezilla Linux: Basically, Filezilla is a secured File Transfer Protocol(FTP) Cross Platform application that can perform a number of operations. Filezilla Linux consists of two parts, one is Filezilla Client and other is Filezilla Server. Since it is a cross-platform application, it is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Though Winscp is the famous and most used FTP application among Windows users, it comes to Filezilla when it comes to Mac and Linux. In this article, we will see How to Install Filezilla Linux on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo and also on other Linux Distros. Check out: Putty for Ubuntu– Best SSH Client!!
- Install Filezilla on Linux Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Download & Install Filezilla on Ubuntu 18.04.2 & 19.04– GUI
- How to Remove Filezilla from Ubuntu
- Download Filezilla for Windows & MacOS
- Key Features of Filezilla Linux
- Getting Started with Filezilla Ubuntu
- How to Add SSH Key of Remote Server on Filezilla
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Filezilla on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2 & 19.04- Using Terminal:
The following are the commands to be used to install Filezilla Linux on Ubuntu.
If you are Beginner then kindly follow the below steps which contain detailed information on installing Filezilla on Ubuntu and Ubuntu Disco Dingo.
- Open Terminal on Ubuntu using CTRL +ALT +T.
- Once the terminal opens, execute the following command on the terminal. This command will update all the installed apps up to date.
- Now, its time to install Filezilla application on Ubuntu. Use the following command.
- Kindly wait till the installation finishes. Now Filezilla Linux can be accessed from All Applications.
Download & Install Filezilla Linux on Ubuntu 18.04.2 & 19.04-GUI Method:
It is always about Terminal when it comes to Linux. However, the evolving Linux is getting better and better every day with GUI also. The following are the steps to download and install Filezilla on Ubuntu using GUI Method.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the Window.
- A Search bar will appear now. Search for Filezilla.
- Once you locate the application, Click on that and Choose Install.
- Kindly wait for the application to install.
- Once the installation is done, you can Launch the Filezilla FTP Application.
- Later, it can be accessed from All Applications.
How to Remove Filezilla Linux from Ubuntu:
Download Filezilla for Windows 10, 8, 7(64 Bit & 32 Bit) and for MacOS:
Since Filezilla is a cross-platform secured FTP Application, it is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can download the installation files on Windows and Mac using the following links.
- Filezilla for Windows(32 Bit Version)
- Filezilla for Windows(64 Bit Version)
- Download Filezilla for MacOS
Key Features of Filezilla FTP Application on Linux:
- Filezilla allows you to transfer files from Local to Remote(FTP) and vice versa in a more secure way.
- One of the major advantages of this application over other FTP application is that it supports IPv6 Protocol.
- It supports Resume Capability by which we can able to Pause and Continue the File Transfer
- Filezilla comes with a simple interface and it is also an easy to use application.
- It supports HTTP, SOCK5, and FTP- Proxy support.
- Keep alive option let u be connected with the remote server even if you are idle for a long time.
- Filezilla is one of the most used FTP applications on MacOS.
Getting Started with Filezilla Linux on Ubuntu:
- Open Filezilla from All Applications.
- You can connect to the Remote server using the three entities. Host(IP Address), Remote Username and Remote Password. You may leave the Port value unentered and can press Quick Connect.
- Once you connect with your remote server, then you can start editing your files on the remote server and also you can start using the File Transfer. The Upper section of the Filezilla holds the Local Contents whereas the Lower section of the FileZilla contains the Remote files and directories. You can do the File Transfer just by Drag and Drop.
- At the bottom, there will be a Status Bar for your File transfers which provides you the Live report regarding the File transfer.
How to add your Private Key when your Remote Server holds SSH Key:
Suppose you have an SSH Key for your server, then you have to load the private key file(.ppk, etc) to get connected to your server along with your Public Key. To add the Private key, Kindly follow the below steps.
- Open Filezilla.
- Go to Edit–> Settings.
- Now, Settings options will pop-up. Click on the SFTP.
- On the Right side, you will find the option “Add Key file“. Click on that and locate your Private key and add it.
- Now Enter your IP Address, and Username and Password(Public Key) and click on Quick Connect. Now you will be connected with your Remote Server with SSH Key.
Get in Touch with Us:
The article provides detailed information on How to Download and Install Filezilla Linux on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo and also provides information on getting Filezilla on Windows and MacOS. If you have any Query then kindly Comment Us and we will revert to u with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit Tec Robust