Firefox Quantum for Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Firefox for Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Ubuntu-based distributions using different methods. Before Chrome, Mozilla Firefox was one of the most Successful Browsers that completely redefined the Browsing Experience. Even today, Mozilla Firefox is successful(Quantum is the fastest Mozilla Browser) and can be the best alternative to Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox is also available for various Linux Distributions. In general, Mozilla Firefox Browser is Open source Web Browser which is available for different devices and different platforms that include Windows, Mac, Firefox Quantum for Linux, Android, iOS and more. Check out: Google Chrome for Linux Ubuntu.
- Different Methods to Install Firefox on Linux
- Install Firefox on Linux using Terminal
- Download Firefox Quantum for Linux Ubuntu using GUI Mode– Fastest Browser
- Making Default Web Browser as Mozilla Firefox
- Get in Touch with Us
Different Methods to Install Firefox on Linux:
There are different methods available to install Mozilla Firefox Quantum for Linux Distributions. Also, the method to install this browser varies with different Linux Distros or Distributions. The following are the methods.
- Install Firefox on Linux using Terminal- Ubuntu based Distributions
- Download Firefox Quantum on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS-GUI Mode
How to Install Firefox for Linux Ubuntu Unity using Terminal:
The following are the commands that you have to execute to install Firefox on Linux.
If you are a beginner and not sure about how to use Terminal then Kindly follow our detailed steps given below with Clear Image Representations.
- Open Terminal using the Shortcut CTRL + ALT +T.
- Paste the following command and execute it. Kindly Enter your Password if you are asked to authenticate the process.
- Now, Paste the installation command given below.
- Now, Firefox will start to download in the terminal itself. Kindly wait till the download and installation finishes. Then Mozilla Firefox will be ready for use on your Linux Ubuntu unity 18.04.1 LTS and other Ubuntu Based Distributions.
Download Firefox Quantum on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS-GUI Mode:
If you are a Beginner and if you don’t want to get into terminal things then this is the best and easiest method to install Firefox on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search and Locate Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the Window.
- A Search bar will appear now. Search for Firefox.
- Once you locate the application, Click on that and Choose Install.
- Kindly wait for the application to install.
- Once the installation is done, you can Launch the Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
Make Default Web Browser as Mozilla Firefox on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS:
- Click on All Applications.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the Left panel and locate Details. Click on that.
- Under Default Applications, Choose Mozilla Firefox for Web.
- That’s all. It is set to default on Ubuntu Unity.
Get in Touch With Us:
This article provides almost all the information on the Mozilla Firefox Quantum Web Browser and also provides different methods to download and install Mozilla Firefox Quantum for Linux. If you have Query or if you face any difficulty in following the above steps then Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.