Gimp Linux: In this article, we will see How to Download and Install Gimp Linux on Latest Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and also on other Ubuntu-based Debian distributions. When it comes to Linux, most of the apps will be Open Source. Gimp Linux is also an Open source Graphics Editor(Image Manipulation Program) that is used to Edit and Enhance Images and effects, Free form drawings, converting the image formats and a lot more. There are different methods available to install this Gimp Linux on Linux Ubuntu Unity and Linux Mint and also on other Ubuntu based distros and Fedora and Suse. The Latest Version of Gimp is 2.10.6 which is the most stable version for now.
- Different Methods to get Gimp on Linux system
- How to Install Gimp on Ubuntu using Linux Terminal
- Download Gimp Linux on Ubuntu Unity using GUI Mode
- Install Gimp Linux on Fedora and Suse based Distros
- Advantages & Features of Gimp Linux
- Get in Touch with Us
Different Methods to get Gimp on Linux system:
As mentioned in the earlier paragraph, there are different methods available to install Gimp Linux on different Linux Environments. The following are the methods.
- Install Gimp Linux using Terminal
- Download & Install Gimp Linux using Ubuntu Software- GUI Mode
- Install this application on Fedora and Suse Distributions
How to Install Gimp Linux on Ubuntu using Linux Terminal:
The following are the commands that you have to use to install Gimp application on Ubuntu based distributions.
If you are a Beginner then you can follow the below tutorial that is explained with clear images for better understanding. Kindly follow the steps.
- Open Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Once the terminal opens, we will execute the first command. This command will add the Gimp Linux PPA to your system. Enter the password of your system if you are asked to authenticate the process.
- Press Enter Key to confirm adding the PPA to the system.
- Now, execute the second command line which is highlighted below. This command will update the Packages to the recent edition.
- Finally, we will execute the installation command for Gimp Linux. The Command as follow.
- Kindly note that the process will take a long time based on your Internet Connection speed. Kindly wait till the process is completed. Once the process is complete, then Gimp Linux is installed in your Ubuntu based distributions and is ready to use.
How to Download and Install Gimp Linux on Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS using GUI Mode:
In this section, we will see how to install this application on Linux Ubuntu Unity by Graphical User Interface(GUI). When it comes to Linux, most of the things will be with terminal things and people do get used with Terminal and commands. Whereas if you are a New user to Linux who wish to enjoy the Linux freedom along with Graphical Interface then this will be the best method.
- Go to All Applications.
- Search for Ubuntu Software and Open it.
- Click on the Search Symbol that is available on the Top of the window.
- Once you click the Search symbol, a Search bar will drop down.
- Search for Gimp. Once you find the application then click on that.
- Choose the Install option.
- Kindly wait till the installation completes.
- You can Launch the Application once installation is done.
Install Gimp Linux on Fedora and Suse based Distros:
If you are using Fedora or OpenSuse distributions kindly follow the below commands to install this application.
Features & Advantages of Gimp Linux:
The latest version of Gimp Linux is 2.10.6. This is the most stable version so far. The following are the advantages of Gimp Application.
- Using Gimp, you can do the free-form drawing with a number of enhancements.
- You can convert images into various formats.
- GIMP is also available for Linux, Windows, Mac and other platforms.
- GIMP will be a more useful application for Photographers, Graphic Designers an illustrators.
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides information on different methods to download and install Gimp Linux on Linux Ubuntu Unity 18.04.1 LTS and also on other Ubuntu-based Debian Distros or Distributions and Fedora and Suse. If you have any Query or Suggestions, then Kindly Comment Us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.
Kindly Visit TECROBUST for more interesting articles on Linux