Gitkraken: Gitkraken is used for repo management, in-app code editing & issue tracking. It is a multiplatform application and works perfectly in Windows, Mac and Linux. GitKraken includes two legendary products that make devs more productive 1) the Git Client 2) Glo Boards. Git Client helps to visualize the history and changes to the repos in a beautiful graph that makes working with Git more intuitive. Gitkraken is an Arizona-based software company that develops GitKraken and an agile project management software called as Axosoft. In this article, we will see how to install Gitkraken on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, 19.04, and other Ubuntu-based distros.
- Install Gitkraken on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Gitkraken on Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch Gitkraken on Ubuntu
- Remove Gitkraken from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Gitkraken
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Gitkraken Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the Gitkraken Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Gitkraken Ubuntu.
Install Gitkraken Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
- Search for Gitkraken Ubuntu. Once you find the app, click on that.
- Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can Launch the Gitkraken Ubuntu Application.
Launching Gitkraken Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Gitkraken Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Gitkraken Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Gitkraken” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Gitkraken icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Gitkraken Sign up:
A first time user can sign in with Github account or create a Gitkraken account and continue to enjoy the services.
Remove Gitkraken from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Gitkraken Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Gitkraken.
Remove Gitkraken using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Gitkraken in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Gitkraken GUI.
Features of Gitkraken:
GitKraken Git Client:
- Simplify complicated commands.
- Dark or light themed graph.
- Integration with GitHub, GitHub Enterprise.
- Integration with GitLab, GitLab Self-Hosted, Bitbucket and VSTS.
- Create, clone and add remote repos.
- Undo, redo and file history option.
- Multiple profile creation is possible.
- Organize, set favorite and easily open repos.
GitKraken Glo Board:
- Monitor and reduce context switching.
- Visualize the progress of GitHub issues with workflows.
- Track board activity.
- Visualize Github issues with workflow.
- Powerful search and filters.
- Light or dark theme.
- Add images easily.
- Access Glo inside VS Code, Atom, a browser or from iPhone or Android apps.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||240.3 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Gitkraken Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page