Google Chrome for Linux Mint: When it comes to Web browsers, Google Chrome holds the Top position as it is one of the most advanced and user-friendly web browsers all around the world. Mozilla’s Firefox is also in the competition holding the next place to Google Chrome. Firefox is pre-installed on Linux Mint 19 and if you are looking to have Google Chrome on your system then this article will guide you through the steps of installing Google Chrome and Chromium web browsers in Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia.
- Download Google Chrome(.deb file) from Official Chrome
- Install Chromium Web Browser on Linux Mint 19.3
- Remove/Uninstall Chromium from Linux Mint
- Get in touch with us
How to Download Google Chrome Web browser on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia- Simple Steps:
Downloading and installing Chrome on Mint 19.3 is totally a hassle-free process. The installation steps do not take much and the following are the steps to be followed to download and install this browser on Linux Mint.
Download the (.DEB) file of Chrome from official Google Chrome:
- Go to the official Google Chrome page.
- Click on Download Chrome.
- Under Packages, select 64 bit .deb(For Debian/Ubuntu). Then, click on Accept and Install.
- Save the deb file to your disk.
- gdebi-gtk(Package installer) windows will pop-up now. Click on the Install package.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Then go to Menu and open Google Chrome from the Internet.
- That is it. Google Chrome has now installed on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia.
Install Chromium on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia using Snap Package Manager:
Google Chrome is the most stable Web Browser from Google whereas Chromium is an open-source browser from Google. Both of the browsers are equipped with the Chromium Engine which is one of the most advanced web engines of the world.
In this section, we will check out the steps to install the Chromium web browser on Linux Mint and other Ubuntu-based distros. We will use the Snappy package manager to install this application.
open terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
Execute the following command on the terminal to install Chromium on Linux Mint 19.3. Kindly enter your system password to authenticate the installation process.
The application can then be opened from the Internet menu.
Remove/Uninstall Chromium from Linux Mint 19.3:
To remove this application from your Linux Mint, run the following command on the terminal.
Get in touch with us:
The above article provides detailed information on how to install Google Chrome and Chromium Web browsers in Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia. If you have any queries with the above article, please let us know in the comment section. For instant solutions, visit our Forum!!