Handbrake Video Compressor: There are many video compressors available for Ubuntu and in that HandBrake is the best. The HandBrake is a cross-platform application (works on Windows, Mac and Linux). HandBrake is completely free to use. You can use the video compressor to compressor, convert, cut and attach videos on your pc. In this articles, we are going to provide the information about installing and the usage of HandBrake application on Ubuntu 18.04, 19.04 & 19.10 relases.
- Install HandBrake on Ubuntu
- How to use HandBrake in Ubuntu
- HandBrake Key-Features
- Remove/Uninstall HandBrake from Ubuntu
Install HandBrake on Ubuntu:
You can install the HandBrake application using the APT package installer. The command for installing Handbrake in Ubuntu is,
- Copy the above command
- Open the Terminal and paste the command in the Terminal
- Execute the command
- Enter your system password if it prompt’s you
- Wait for a few seconds.
The installation process will be completed in a few seconds and you can find the application from the “All Apps Menu” or click “ALT+F2” button, enter “handbrake” and execute to launch the HandBrake application.
How to Use HandBrake in Ubuntu:
- Launch the application from the All Apps menu
- The first impression of the HandBrake application is,
Compress Large Video file size to small video file size:
You can use the HandBrake Application to compress the large video file size to small video file size without affecting its video quality. Follow the steps below:
- Let us consider a video file having the size 100MB, you can use the Handbrake to reduce the file size to a minimum
- Now click the “Open Source” button to select the input video file
- Select the input file
- Once you selected the file, You can select the format of the video output, the title of the video output and location of the video output. Kindly refer to the below image:
- Once you are set to go, then click the “Start” button to initiate the compression process
- You can see the video compression process at the bottom of the application
- In a few seconds, the compression will be completed and you can find the output file on the location that you provided.
The output file is compressed to the core without affecting its quality. The file size of the output video is,
This is how you can use this application to compress the video files. HandBrake will do video conversion from one format to another format. Find more on HandBrake Key-Features.
Handbrake Key-Features list:
- Compress videos without affecting its quality
- Convert videos from one format to another format
- Free and Open-source
- Supports all types of video formats except some rare formats
- Quicker than any application
- Once you used to this, you will never use another application ?.
Remove/Uninstall HandBrake From Ubuntu:
You can use the following command to uninstall the HandBrake application from your Ubuntu pc.
The above command will remove the HandBrake application from the Ubuntu device.
That’s it. HandBrake is the best video compression software without affecting video quality. Follow the article to install and use the HandBrake application on your Ubuntu pc. If you have any queries related to this topic and then feel free to comment us below.