Inkscape: Inkscape is an Open Source vector graphics editor. Inkscape has capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X. Inkscape is widely used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps, and web graphics. Inkscape uses the W3C open standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) as its native format and is free and open-source software. Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more. Inkscape runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows desktop computers. Let us get into the article and check out all the methods involved in the process of installing Inkscape on Linux Ubuntu, and Ubuntu-based Distros and on Debian.
- Install Inkscape on Linux Ubuntu- Using Terminal
- Install Inkscape on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software – GUI
- Launch Inkscape on Ubuntu
- Remove Inkscape from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of Inkscape
- App Details
- Get in Touch with us
Install Inkscape on Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install Inkscape on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
(Bionic Beaver), Ubuntu 19.04(Disco Dingo), and more. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of Inkscape.
Install Inkscape on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software – GUI:
This is an alternate method to install Inkscape on Ubuntu. We will use Ubuntu Software to install the application. You can either open Ubuntu Software and search for Inkscape or simply click on the following button to open the installation page of Inkscape on your Ubuntu Software.
Launching Inkscape on Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the Inkscape Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching Inkscape Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “Inkscape” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the Inkscape icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Permissions to Inkscape:
A user can enable or disable the desired permissions to Inkscape by clicking on the permissions tab.
List of permission available for Inkscape:
- Access files in your home folder.
Remove Inkscape from Linux Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the Inkscape via terminal.
- Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
- Execute the following command on the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the removal of Inkscape Ubuntu.
Remove Inkscape using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for Inkscape in the search box. Click on the remove tab in order to remove the Inkscape GUI.
Features of Inkscape:
- Object creation – Drawing, shape, text and clone tools.
- Object manipulation – Transformations, Z-order operations, Group and align layers.
- Fill and Stroke – Color selector, color picker, Gradient editor, Pattern fill and Pathmakers.
- Operations on Path – Node editing, Boolean operations, Path insetting and out setting, bitmap tracing.
- Text Support – Multiline Text, Text on path and shape.
- Rendering – Fully anti-aliased display, support for display and PNG export.
- File Formats – SVG, PNG, OpenDocument Drawing, DXF, sk1, PDF, EPS, and PostScript export formats and more.
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||183.2 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Get in touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of Inkscape from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo and on other Ubuntu-based Distros such as Linux Mint and more. In case of any Query please Comment Us. For instant Solutions, Kindly visit our Forum!!
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page