Kodi on Linux: Greetings from our team on our First article on this blog. Here we will see How to install Kodi Player on Linux Operating systems. Firstly, the combination itself a mind-blowing. Kodi, one of the most successful and most versatile players that completely changed the view of players. On the other hand, Linux, One of the most used and a successful Open source operating system that is being used all around the globe and also the Backbone of a number of Complex and most successful software. Hence, the combination of Kodi and Linux will be something very different from the usual ways and in this article, we will see how to achieve it using simple steps.
- Brief Introduction to Kodi Player
- Introduction to Linux & Kodi Linux
- How to Install Kodi on Linux- Detailed Steps
- Installing Kodi on other Linux Distributions
- All About Kodi Addons
- Get in touch with Us
A Brief Introduction on Kodi Player:
- Kodi has its trail from Xbox as it was initially designed as a media player for the purpose of Xbox and was named as XBMC. Later on, it was changed to Xbox Media Center and finally got its most famous name Kodi.
- Kodi is an all in one player[Most Versatile Open Source Media Player] that allows you to watch Videos, listen to music, view pictures, Run apps and with the help of a number of addons, you can browse the web and can do a lot more.
- Addons strengthen Kodi more and allow it to perform a lot more tasks.
- Kodi is almost available for all devices such as Laptop/PC, Smartphones, Tablets, Raspberry and more and also available for most of the famous platforms such as Windows, Linux, iOS, Mac, Android and more.
- The most Stable version of Kodi player currently is Kodi Krypton 17.6 which is the successor of Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and the upcoming version of Kodi that is being expected soon is Kodi 18 Codenamed Leia.
Introduction to Linux and Kodi Linux:
- Linux is the most successful Open source operating system and a leading operating system on the server side and very convenient Operating system for Coders and Programmers and also for the normal user because of its simplicity and a highly secured platform.
- Linux was originally designed for Personal Computers and is currently the most used general purpose Operating system as Android OS is based on Linux Kernel.
- The most successful Linux operating systems are Linux Ubuntu unity, Linux KDE(includes Plasma), Debian, OpenSUSE, Fedora Linux, Linux mint and more.
- Here we will see How to Download and Install Kodi on Linux using Linux Shell Command and we guarantee that it is so simple and easy.
Install Kodi on Linux Ubuntu, Mint, KDE and more using the following steps:
Let us get to the Steps directly. Here we have explained the steps and images with Ubuntu Unity but the Command on the Shell remains same for all other Linux Distributions.
The Following are the Commands(Ignore the serial numbers of the Commands on the Terminal) that have to be used to install Kodi on your Linux Operating System. If you are a new user, Kindly refer our detailed steps given below.
- Open Linux Terminal using the Shortcut Ctrl+Alt+A. You can also open the Terminal using GUI.
- Once you open the Terminal(Shell), Type or Paste the following Command. sudo apt-get install software-properties-common. You will be asked to enter your Linux Password. Type your Linux Password and press Enter Key. The process will initiate. The output as follows.
- Now, Type or Paste the following command in the terminal and press Enter Key. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa. The terminal will ask for your confirmation. Press Enter Key to confirm it.
- Kindly wait for the process to complete. The output as follows.
- Then enter the following Command and press Enter key. sudo apt-get update. Wait for the process to Complete.
- We are moving into our final step. Type the Command sudo apt-get install kodi and press Enter Key. The installation of Kodi will start now. Now, you will be asked “Whether you want to Continue? [y/n]. Kindly Press the “y” button on your Keyboard and press Enter Key.
- The Installation process of Kodi will continue and will be installed on your Linux Ubuntu Unity and also on other systems.
Installing Kodi Krypton 17.6 on other Linux Distros:
Kodi is available on the main debian repository itself. Hence it is very easy installing Kodi on Debian Distros.
All About Kodi Addons:
When it comes to Kodi Player, one of the most famous features is its Addons. Kodi Allows you to download and install a number of Official Kodi Addons and as well as Third party Kodi Addons. There are Thousands of Third party Kodi Addons available. Just Like Kodi Addons, there a number of themes available for Kodi Krypton 17.6 that can be installed within the Kodi Player itself. If you are looking for Best Kodi Addons, Kindly refer this article on Best Kodi Addons for Kodi Krypton 17.6.
Get in touch with Us:
The above article provided the Complete information on How to Download and Install Kodi on Linux Ubuntu, Mint and more using simple steps of the Linux Terminal. We gladly welcome your valuable suggestions on this article and also if you have any Query, Comment us and we will get back to you with a solution ASAP.
Visit TECROBUST for more useful article on Linux.