Kubectl Ubuntu: Kubectl is from official Canonical and it is a command-line client which is used to control Kubernetes Clusters. In general, Kubernetes is a container system that is used for the purpose of Automation. Kubernetes was first designed by Google whereas Cloud Native Computing Foundation is currently maintaining things. In this article, we will see how to install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS versions, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo and other Ubuntu-based Distros, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Debian, and more. Check out: Install Microk8s on Linux Ubuntu
- Install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Get Kubectl on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software– GUI
- Getting Started with Kubectl on Ubuntu
- How to Remove Kubectl from Linux Ubuntu
- Application Details
- Install Kubectl on Fedora, Arch, CentOS, & OpenSUSE
- Get in Touch with Us
Install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04 & More:
Kubectl can be installed using Snappy Package Management system. Kindly use the following commands and steps to install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon, and other Ubuntu-based Distros.
- Open Terminal on Ubuntu the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following command on the terminal to install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu.
- Kindly enter your system password to authenticate the installation process.
- Once installed, then you can start using the Kubectl on Terminal.
Install Kubectl on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software- GUI[Alternate]:
If you are using Ubuntu 16.04 or higher versions Desktop edition, then you can use the following method to install Kubectl on Linux Ubuntu.
- Go to All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the search symbol that is available on the Ubuntu Software.
- A search bar will dropdown. Search for Kubectl. Once found, click on that.
- Choose Install.
- Kindly wait till the installation is done.
- Once installed, then it can be launched on the terminal.
How to Use Kubectl- Getting Started with Kubectl on Ubuntu:
Once the client is installed then it can be launched on the terminal. To use a command with Kubectl, then kindly use the following syntax.
Getting Help menu of Kubectl:
How to Remove Kubectl from Linux Ubuntu & Ubuntu-based Distros:
Basic App Details & Requirements
|App Size||10.6 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
How to Install Kubectl on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, and OpenSUSE:
The following are the list of commands available to install Kubectl on Various Linux Distros.
Kubectl for Fedora:
Kubectl for Arch Linux:
Kubectl for CentOS:
Kubectl for OpenSUSE:
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on Kubectl and the commands to install Kubectl on various Linux Distros such as Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 19.04, Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon, Debian, Ubuntu-based distros, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and more. If you are looking to install Kubernetes on Ubuntu, check out our article on Install Microk8s on Ubuntu. If you have any Query with the above article then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page