LibreOffice Ubuntu: Canonical has officially released LibreOffice on Snappy package manager. The Initial Release of LibreOffice came to existence before 8 years when it was released as an Open Source Office suite comprising of Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawings, working with databases, and more. LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice which is from the famous StarOffice Suite. LibreOffice and WPS Office Suites are considered as the perfect replacement of Microsoft Office Suite on Linux Environment. It is also to noted that LibreOffice is a cross-platform application that is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android(as a viewer). In this article, we will how to install LibreOffice on Linux Ubuntu, Arch, Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and more.
- Install LibreOffice on Linux Ubuntu– Using Terminal
- Install LibreOffice on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/ 19.04– GUI
- How to Remove LibreOffice from Linux Ubuntu
- Components of LibreOffice Suite
- Application Details
- Install LibreOffice in Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE
- Get in Touch with Us
Install LibreOffice on Linux Ubuntu & Ubuntu-based Distros:
- We will use Snappy Package Manager to install this application on Linux Ubuntu 18.04, 19.04, Linux Mint 19.2 and other Ubuntu-based Distros.
- Open Terminal using the shortcut CTRL + ALT + T.
- Execute the following command on the terminal to install this application.
- Enter your system password when prompted to initiate the installation process.
- Kindly wait for the installation to complete. Once installed, then LibreOffice can be launched from All Applications.
How to Install LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS/19.04- Using GUI:
In this section, we will how to install LibreOffice on Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software. Here, we will install this application through the Graphical User Interface.
- Go to All Applications(Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the search symbol that is available on the Ubuntu Software.
- A search bar will dropdown. Search for LibreOffice. Once found, click on that.
- Click on Install.
- Kindly wait till the installation completes.
- Once installed, then you can Launch the application using the Launch button.
How to Remove LibreOffice from Linux Ubuntu & Ubuntu-based Distros:
The following is the command to be used to remove or uninstall LibreOffice Suite from Linux Ubuntu Distributions.
Components of LibreOffice Suite:
LibreOffice Suite comprises of a number of components. The following are the list of them.
- LibreOffice- Writer Document
- LibreOffice- Calc Spreadsheet
- LibreOffice- Impress Presentation
- LibreOffice- Draw Drawing
- LibreOffice- Math Formulae
- LibreOffice- Base Database
Basic App Details & Requirements
|License||Free to Use|
|App Size||79 MB|
|OS Requirement||Ubuntu 16.04 & Later Versions|
Install LibreOffice on Linux Fedora, Arch, CentOS, and OpenSUSE:
Install LibreOffice on Linux Fedora:
Install LibreOffice on Arch Linux:
Install LibreOffice on CentOS:
Install LibreOffice on OpenSUSE:
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on LibreOffice Suite and provides different methods to install LibreOffice on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo, Linux Mint 19.2, and other Ubuntu-based Distros, Fedora, Arch, CentOS, OpenSUSE, and more. If you have any Query with the above article, then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit our Home Page