Nano Linux: Nano is a simple Text Editor available for Linux & Unix based operating systems. Nano Linux is a part of GNU Environment. We can use Nano Text Editor on the Terminal interface itself. Nano is more suitable for Server-based Linux Operations. In this article, we will see How to Install Nano Linux on Ubuntu 18.04.2 & Debian, Fedora, RHEL, CentOS and more. Check out: Atom Text Editor for Ubuntu
- Install Nano Linux on different Distros– Using Terminal
- How to Remove Nano Text Editor from Ubuntu
- How to Open Nano Text Editor on Ubuntu
- Create New file on Nano Linux
- Get Help option on Nano Linux
- Useful Shortcuts of Nano Text Editor
- Get in Touch with Us
How to Install Nano Linux on different Distros- Using Terminal:
The following are the commands to be used to install Nano Text Editor on different Linux Distributions.
For Ubuntu, Mint, and Debian:
For Fedora, RHEL & CentOS:
How to Remove/Uninstall Nano from Ubuntu 18.04.2:
How to Open/Access Nano Text Editor on Ubuntu & Debian:
- Open Ubuntu Terminal using the commandCTRL +ALT + T.
- Type “nano” and press Enter key.
- Now you can find Nano opened on the Terminal itself and you can start working on them.
Create New File on Nano Linux:
- Open Terminal and follow the below instructions.
- Now, you can find text editor opened with the file hello_world.
How to Access Help option on Nano Text Editor:
To open Help option on Nano Text Editor, Press CTRL+G on the editor. This a display a number of useful help options from shortcuts to a lot more.
Other Shortcuts Related to Nano Text Editor:
|CTRL+A||Shows the Current Cursor Position|
|CTRL+X||Close the Nano Text Editor|
|CTRL+U||Paste text from the Cut Buffer|
|CTRL+O||Saving a file|
|CTRL+G||Opens Help Window|
|CTRL+A||Jump to the Beginning of the Line of the Text Editor|
|CTRL+E||Jump to the End of the Line of the Text Editor|
|CTRL+T||Opens the Spell Checker|
|CTRL+W||This shortcut will open Search options.|
Get in Touch with Us:
This article provides detailed information on Nano Linux and commands to install Nano Text Editor on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.2, Mint, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, and RHEL. We have also provided a few shortcut options which will be useful while working with Nano Text Editor. If you have any Query then Kindly Comment Us and we will revert to you with a solution ASAP.