OBS Studio Ubuntu: OBS Studio is a free and open source software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. The abbreviation for OBS is “Open Broadcaster Software”. As it is a multiplatform software it will work perfectly with various operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. Open Broadcaster Software started out as a small project created by Hugh Bailey (“Jim”) but quickly grew with the help of many online collaborators working both to improve OBS and spread the knowledge about the program.
- Install OBS Studio- Using Terminal
- Install OBS Studio Ubuntu- Using GUI
- Launch OBS Studio on Ubuntu
- Remove OBS Studio from Ubuntu – Using Terminal and GUI
- Features of OBS Studio Ubuntu
- Get in Touch with us
Install OBS Studio for Ubuntu 19.04/18.04.2 LTS- Using Terminal:
Follow the below steps in order to install the OBS Studio Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to proceed with the installation process of OBS Studio Ubuntu.
Install OBS Studio Ubuntu using Ubuntu Software-GUI:
- Go to All Applications (Show Applications on Disco Dingo).
- Locate Ubuntu Software and open it.
- Click on the Search symbol of Ubuntu Software. A Search box will appear.
4. Search for OBS Studio. Once you find the app, Click on that.
5. Choose Install and kindly wait for the installation to complete.
6. Once done, you can Launch the OBS Studio Ubuntu Application.
Launching OBS Studio Ubuntu:
Using the below two methods the OBS Studio Ubuntu can be launched.
- Launch via terminal
- Launch via all apps menu
Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
Launching OBS Studio Ubuntu via the All apps menu:
Click on the all apps menu icon in your Ubuntu desktop. Type the keyword “obs studio” so that it will be displayed below. Go ahead and choose the OBS Studio icon so that it will be launched automatically.
Precondition before launching OBS Studio:
Before the OBS Studio launch, the auto-configuration wizard will be popped up. If you wish you can proceed with the wizard by clicking “Yes” or if you don’t wish then you can select “No“. Later you can also manually configure your settings by clicking the settings button in the main window.
Providing permissions for OBS Studio:
A user can provide their desired permissions for the OBS Studio via the “permissions” tab shown on the OBS Studio launch page in the Ubuntu software.
Remove OBS Studio Ubuntu – Using Terminal
Follow the below steps in order to remove the OBS Studio Ubuntu via terminal. Launch the terminal using shortcut key CTRL+ALT+T and type the following command in the terminal.
The terminal will ask you for a password, provide your user account password to complete the removal process of OBS Studio Ubuntu.
Remove OBS Studio using Ubuntu software-GUI
Open Ubuntu Software and search for OBS Studio in the search box.
Click on the remove tab in order to remove the OBS Studio Ubuntu using GUI.
Features of OBS Studio:
- Provides High-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between various custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters.
- Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options.
- Modular ‘Dock’ User Interface allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like.
- User can set hotkeys for nearly every sort of action, such as switching between scenes.
- Studio Mode lets you preview your scenes and sources before pushing them live.
- Multiview provides a high-level view of your production.
Get in Touch with us:
The above article clearly depicts the installation, launching, and removal of OBS Studio Ubuntu 18.04 LTS & 19.04 Disco Dingo. In case of any Query please Comment Us.
- Article Quality
- Content Depth
For more interesting articles, Kindly visit